Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 07:56 PM

389 posts, read 804,193 times

Advertisements

West side gets a little less snow than the east side, but make no mistake, Cleveland as a whole gets snow no matter where you are!

Sheffield Lake is the furthest western suburb that you mentioned. It's not in Cuyahoga County, it's in Lorain County. No big deal, a little cheaper with taxes and insurance. You are looking at a 40 minute commute from Sheffied Lake to downtown as info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 05:27 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,629,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibiscus17 View Post
Thanks again! You guys made my search easier, since I got the suburbs narrowed down.
Good luck with the search!

Old 08-08-2010, 07:47 PM

11 posts, read 21,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsider27 View Post
I live in Oakwood Estates in Olmsted Township (Right on the border of North Olmsted). Nice and big size apartments and about a quarter mile from the highway. I would also look into Westlake. Nice suburb with a lot of apartment options.
My husband and I looked into Oakwood Estates yesterday, and we liked the value. I was not crazy about having to clean up my sidewalks in the winter (I liked the ranch better than the garden). How about the parking lots in the winter, do they do a good job cleaning up/salting? Do you live in a ranch or garden? How is the noise, can you hear your neighbors, or are the walls well insulated? Unfortunately, I have a big problem with noise. I am very quiet and concerned about others, and I wish everyone would do the same, but unfortunately, it doesn't happen. Thank you for your input!

Old 08-09-2010, 01:55 PM

155 posts, read 459,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibiscus17 View Post
My husband and I looked into Oakwood Estates yesterday, and we liked the value. I was not crazy about having to clean up my sidewalks in the winter (I liked the ranch better than the garden). How about the parking lots in the winter, do they do a good job cleaning up/salting? Do you live in a ranch or garden? How is the noise, can you hear your neighbors, or are the walls well insulated? Unfortunately, I have a big problem with noise. I am very quiet and concerned about others, and I wish everyone would do the same, but unfortunately, it doesn't happen. Thank you for your input!
Another question would be, how is the noise from the airport? I thought OF/OT were in the pathway of the airport....

Old 08-10-2010, 07:28 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,679,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyF667 View Post
Another question would be, how is the noise from the airport? I thought OF/OT were in the pathway of the airport....
Planes are still pretty high as they pass through those cities, if that flight path hasn't changed. They did a major flight path change a few years ago.
I live 5 minutes from the airport and "airport noise" is pretty bearable.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:58 PM

708 posts, read 1,814,877 times
Im moving back to cleveland from Washington state....I lived in cleveland for 35 years moved from here back in 2000 to san jose california....met my husband in san juan capistrano and we got married..2 children and 8 years later, added with a whole lot of racism out here, we have decided to make the move back to cleveland,(rather a surbub of cleveland).....

Old 08-15-2010, 09:27 PM

191 posts, read 442,449 times
Yay, welcome back.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:50 PM

102 posts, read 198,750 times
Go to Medina....great golf courses everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland