Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2007, 09:07 AM

25 posts, read 127,242 times

Advertisements

I am moving with my wife to Cleveland, I've been there once for my job interview and most likely will be moving by the end of August. We are a young couple and we are looking to buy a house near Parma, Garfield Heights or Broadview Heights. I will be working for the Metro Parks so we are looking for a safe not to crowded area. We don't mind driving 10 minutes to the movies or stuff like that. I am looking at this area based on where I will be working and a Yahoo Maps.

Please let me know if these are growing areas or neighborhoods that are going down the hill. I rather live on a undeveloped area than a crowded packed area since I don't mind the commute. Please let me know if I am looking at the right places. Any suggestions are welcome as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 03:52 PM

what about Berea?

Old 07-18-2007, 08:38 AM

34 posts, read 136,072 times
Brecksville is being devleloped and has a great school system. You also have the towpath here. It is not visually attractive, but better than Broadview heights. Brecksville and Broadview heights kind of blend, the rec center in Brecksville is a lot nicer and new. They are building here, but it is not too crowded.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:38 AM

5 posts, read 20,709 times
I grew up in Parma and its a great if you're Eastern European (which I am), but otherwise pretty run down and dull. There is a huge ethnic community there though, with lots of bakeries and strange shops, but they're sort of spread all over the place and there's no distict little shopping strip where you can find them all (which would be nice). Parma is pretty big, so if you move to there, move to the southern half. The north is a lot more run down and actually has some trailer parks... All in all, its really safe, but if you're not into the ethnic stuff, definitely go to Brecksville/Broadview Heights - its just cleaner and has newer and larger developments. The further south you go (North Royalton, Hinckley), the less developed and less crowed things get.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:55 AM

Thansk a lot for your input. I spent the past 3 days driving around Cleveland and this were my findings:

Lakewood is a ver old and seems outadated area. I drove around for 1 hour and didn't really love it ( except for the huge houses by the lake).

I drove a little farther south towards Berea and ended up in North Royalton. I love Seven Hills. That is a really nice area ( at least the kind that I like). Too bad there are not that many apartment places down there.

After a lot of research I think Iwill be moving to North Royalton. I like the green open spaces a lot more than the power lines and building everywhere.

I notices that rentals a either affordable and the buildings are really old, or the buildings are new and they are a lot more expensive.

Again thanks to everybody for your help on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland