Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in Clevelands renaissance ... will this city continue to emerge an ever prosperous me
Yes 21 75.00%
No 3 10.71%
It's likely 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 06:23 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,437,452 times

Advertisements

Thanks for this post. It reinforces my desire to relocate to Cleveland within the next couple of years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 08:19 PM

7 posts, read 15,414 times
I'm moving to Cleveland next month and this page is a great read. It's been about 3 years since I've last been to Cleveland and it looks like some very big things are happening. I was excited to just ride the newly finished Euclid Corridor, but it looks like I have a ton more projects to check out. Thanks for the updates!

Old 09-18-2010, 10:19 PM

420 posts, read 1,041,811 times
The big things are great , the little things are greater , Why because I live in the city
all my life and a few suburban areas , I just want people to know , From these posts
and other peoples (IMO) the city neighborhoods suck are your (IMO)
It is Saturday night , it is almost 11:45 P.M. just got back from walking my dog
I could hear a pin drop, In an area most here think is the worst , Let me tell you
I would not trade any of my neighboors , for anything . Look to the sky and see
the stars , Now I know I am old school , I work downtown , live 15 min. from work
drive time , resently had to drive rush hour traffic south on I 71 to get to Strongsville
that Highway is the pits , I would never be able to do it everyday, Suburbanites
you rock , If you think the traffic on that freeway is normal ,get to work go home

Old 09-19-2010, 06:58 AM

102 posts, read 198,750 times
90 west isn't so bad in teh morning until you hit dead mans curve

Old 09-19-2010, 07:51 AM

132 posts, read 356,360 times
[quote=JohnDBaumgardner;15921733]

*FLATS EAST BANK DEVELOPMENT / CITY CENTRE* ( Beginning construction now ) A large residential lifestyle centre with commerce and corporate offices, hotels and entertainment

Cleveland Flats East Bank Project || Flats East Bank Cleveland

$54 million in city, state funding to revive Flats East Bank project | cleveland.com

Cleveland's City Council approves huge financial package to help revive Flats east bank project | Metro - cleveland.com - cleveland.com

Flats East Bank project receives $20 million from foreign investors | cleveland.com

What is that in the background? It looks like a football stadium....what exactly is that supposed to be?

Old 09-19-2010, 08:48 AM

142 posts, read 354,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cl3v3land View Post

What is that in the background? It looks like a football stadium....what exactly is that supposed to be?
hey! the season just started, it's a bit early to be taking shots at the Browns

eta: and in case you were actually serious, that is the football stadium. They obviously aren't rebuilding it though, they just included it in the picture to show what the area is projected to look like when everything is finished.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:44 AM

2,785 posts, read 6,629,599 times
Why did this get moved? It could have easily of went into the General US forum. This was a great thread to change many peoples' perceptions of Cleveland. Some moderators I tell ya...

Old 09-19-2010, 10:51 AM

132 posts, read 356,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes440 View Post
hey! the season just started, it's a bit early to be taking shots at the Browns

eta: and in case you were actually serious, that is the football stadium. They obviously aren't rebuilding it though, they just included it in the picture to show what the area is projected to look like when everything is finished.
Are they still building the movie theater down there and if so is it included in the first phase?

Old 09-19-2010, 12:58 PM

976 posts, read 2,241,836 times
cleveland is a wonderful city that is often underestimated, but i fail to see what cleveland is doing that doesn't also apply to st. louis.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:03 PM

142 posts, read 354,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cl3v3land View Post
Are they still building the movie theater down there and if so is it included in the first phase?
I *believe* the first phase includes the hotel, office building, parking garage, a small bit of retail, and a park/green space type area. I'm not sure about a movie theater in future phases though. I know the plans did include one, plus a bunch of apartments, townhomes, restaurants, retail, fitness center, grocery store, and another office building. If the economy starts to rebound and financing is easier to obtain, I imagine they will at least try to include everything from the initial plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland