Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2010, 09:20 PM

420 posts, read 1,042,734 times

Advertisements

There for I visit a site often,that outsiders visting the city , rates B&B,
downtown hotels , and other attractions , That are mostly are good, reviews, sure
a few bad reviews but mostly good , Like one couple from Chicago walking over the Lorain- Carnagie Bridge into downtown from Ohio City area , going to
a place downtown that they said was great , I feel this is needed for this city , instead of this neighborhood is better then ? Kind of attitude !
The out side sees what people here say is SEEDY , and they do not ,
Makes me thing , We Clevelanders see things way to much like Suburban
perfect . " Is that there such a thing "
In urban style " for that matter Parma
could be , with the northern part of that city , with that part really built
as an urban area , Maybe having Parma see that they could have their
own urban style , walking area , side walk dining ect. They could be
the next area that could be, It is possible , I see how it is true,
The building along Pearl and Ridge Road is as urban built as any other
place , plus that area was once . was part of the City Of Cleveland
growth , untill the great depression , helped the Parma Township residents
Vote to stay , we will become our own village ,
I fell we all need to become , On the same page , as one Greater Cleveland, Seperate ok , but not hating each other , like it seems to be
MY PLACE IS BETTER THEN YOURS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 08:23 AM

191 posts, read 442,772 times
I have to agree with you. I don't always post here very consistently but there are way too many negative people in this area and there are too many people who like to come on these boards to just rip on Cleveland for no reason. I know Cleveland is not perfect but I love this city and I am in the city and downtown every day trying to do my part to make it better and it frustrates me to no end when it seems like people go out of their way to slap Cleveland in the face. Luckily, there are lots of people trying to make this city better and there are some great posters on this site who really do a good job highlighting the good things Cleveland has to offer. Sorry if this was a bit of a rant but this city will not move forward until the people start wanting to help the city instead of letting it become worse. Great post citydudeallover. BTW, here is the article you might have been referencing. It is a really good article. Between the rock and the food place

Old 10-13-2010, 07:37 PM

102 posts, read 198,928 times
people have been programmed to rip on cleveland. The media is responsible somewhat because thats how its portrayed and even its own citizens buy into it.

Clevelanders seem to see the suburbs as making it and city living as taking a step back. I notice this alot. Its not uncommon these days and there are damn good reasons for it.

But alot of that is slowly changing as the economy gets worse or is unstable, people will want cheaper affordable living.

if the city can provide that in a relatively safe environment with good amenities(SCHOOLS most importantly) than it can work.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:24 AM

15 posts, read 64,450 times
There have been some interesting studies done for the city of Parma about the northern areas along the lines of what you say. The city seems to be trying to market State Rd in particular as an affordable, walkable area with interesting culture and ethnic flavor. Hope it catches on!

And I feel the same way about this site. Moved back to CLE after 17 years away, and I'm amazed at how hard CLEers are on the city when I heard great feedback from many people on the East Coast who've been here.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:33 AM

708 posts, read 1,816,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euclidbuck View Post
people have been programmed to rip on cleveland. The media is responsible somewhat because thats how its portrayed and even its own citizens buy into it.

Clevelanders seem to see the suburbs as making it and city living as taking a step back. I notice this alot. Its not uncommon these days and there are damn good reasons for it.

But alot of that is slowly changing as the economy gets worse or is unstable, people will want cheaper affordable living.

if the city can provide that in a relatively safe environment with good amenities(SCHOOLS most importantly) than it can work.
I agree with this statement 100%..I lived and worked in cleveland for over 30 years, and with the economy the way it is and people more and more concerened with where their children attend school, (like me), then it will be the surburbs....I really like cleveland...It will come back and from what I'm seeing, its really trying...I have a really big problem with the citys schools..I graduated from Kennedy in 84, and there were cops at that school everyday...My mom said I should see it now...if they would improve the schools, a lot of people would consider the city a place to live....

Old 11-28-2010, 03:50 PM

5,510 posts, read 9,496,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa12230 View Post
I agree with this statement 100%..I lived and worked in cleveland for over 30 years, and with the economy the way it is and people more and more concerened with where their children attend school, (like me), then it will be the surburbs....I really like cleveland...It will come back and from what I'm seeing, its really trying...I have a really big problem with the citys schools..I graduated from Kennedy in 84, and there were cops at that school everyday...My mom said I should see it now...if they would improve the schools, a lot of people would consider the city a place to live....
Which came first, the chicken or the egg? The city schools won't improve until more people who care about their child's education choose to send their children there. (as opposed to the poor, and those who just use the schools as a baby sitter, now) And, generally, people who care about their child's education won't send their children to the city schools until they get better.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:21 PM

73 posts, read 171,991 times
Citydude's points on regionalization are well taken. Euclidbuck's point on schools is too.

The State of Ohio declared that the funding of public schools is unconstitutional. Until it's resolved, this will be an issue affecting not only education but regional economies and development. This is not just a City of Cleveland issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland