Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 10:57 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,564,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YtownGuy View Post
When LeBron was still playing for the Cavaliers, he said that he wouldn't play for another team, that he wanted to win a championship for Cleveland. If you say that sort of thing in front of sports reporters, you can't expect people not to be unhappy when you go back on your word.
Very interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 06:30 AM

157 posts, read 284,050 times

The Ohio fans that were screaming about Karma last year are oddly quiet.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:55 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,801 times
Well, Cleveland. We all knew it was coming. Another OIC (Only In Cleveland) moment when an athlete or sports figure goes elsewhere and gets his ring.

Bernie Kosar gets cut and wins a Super Bowl that same year with the Dallas Cowboys
Sabathia gets traded and wins the World Series
Art Modell moves the Browns and wins a Super Bowl as the Baltimore Ravens
Lebron goes to Miami and wins the NBA title. Though look at it this way, he did it in a short season, and he had Dwayne Wade, because we know he obviously couldn't be "the guy!"

Nevertheless Cleveland, and NE Ohio we are a tough bunch. We'll be fine, and one day this great city will win a title. And when we do, it will be that much sweeter!

Having said that. Screw that classless POS!

Old 06-22-2012, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Though look at it this way, he did it in a short season, and he had Dwayne Wade, because we know he obviously couldn't be "the guy!"
Really?

LeBron James Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - Miami Heat - ESPN

Dwyane Wade Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - Miami Heat - ESPN

Quote:

Nevertheless Cleveland, and NE Ohio we are a tough bunch. We'll be fine, and one day this great city will win a title. And when we do, it will be that much sweeter!

Having said that. Screw that classless POS!
And people wonder why Cleveland fans are referred to as 'obnoxious' when it comes to this situation. They deserve every bit of it. If you would have just said the first part, I would have commended you on handling the situation with such poise. Unfortunately, you couldn't leave it at that. As I suspected, Cleveland fans are frothing at the mouth.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmeyer View Post
Really?

And people wonder why Cleveland fans are referred to as 'obnoxious' when it comes to this situation. They deserve every bit of it. If you would have just said the first part, I would have commended you on handling the situation with such poise. Unfortunately, you couldn't leave it at that. As I suspected, Cleveland fans are frothing at the mouth.

Obnoxious? Get a freakin' clue! This city constantly receives bad press from the national spotlight! We're constantly told how we're allegedly so miserable here, doom and gloom this BLAH BLAH BLAH! We're constantly reminded during a sports event about "The Drive," "The Fumble," "Red Right 88," and when our town last won a championship! Then this arrogant jerk in which this town made, was practically loyalty here with all of the "King James" references, was put on quite the pedestal, goes on NATIONAL TV and totally b**** slaps this city! He could have been the guy here! Instead he chose to conspire with Pat Riley, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh, )which BTW was in the planning stages during the Olympics) wouldn't give Dan Gilbert a solid answer, and allow the team to go out and make arrangements to bring in other free agents! He could have came clean and said "Mr. Gilbert, thank you for the opportunity. It's been a great ride, but it's time for me to move on!" But NO! He had to be the classless POS that he is, and go on ESPN with "The Decision!"

Lebron James was treated very well by the fans here despite his narcissism and he and his entourage going out around town, ringing up large tabs at bars and restaurants, running the servers of the establishment to death, and then giving a small or no tip at all! Prancing around like he is some kind of emperor! So you'll have to excuse if I as well as other Clevelanders have no respect for the man. This is a blue collar, down to Earth, hard working town. We deserve better!

At any rate. Lebron and his whole circus act showed me what a joke the NBA truly is! Furthermore, this is the Cleveland sub-forum! Chances are you're not going to find a favorable view of Lebron James here! So, if you are a fan of his, and the Heat, and don't like it, then feel free to go back to whatever board you're from!

He may be a good athlete, but he still has no class!

Old 06-22-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:

The Ohio fans that were screaming about Karma last year are oddly quiet.
James going all way has to hurt Cleveland emotionally. I don't understand where are all these annoying Miami Heat fans coming from?

Old 06-22-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Obnoxious? Get a freakin' clue! This city constantly receives bad press from the national spotlight!
The media reports on many things in an unfair manner, including other cities besides Cleveland, current events, celebrities, etc. Cleveland is in no way a special case when it comes to unfair press.

Quote:
He could have been the guy here! Instead he chose to conspire with Pat Riley, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh,
I think you're making the situation a little more epic than it really is. He is a basketball player who moved to a different team. It happens all the time. You're making it out to be some sort of Caesar-ish conspiracy.

Quote:
But NO! He had to be the classless POS that he is, and go on ESPN with "The Decision!"
By doing so, he raised a lot of money for charity. But I suppose your feelings are more important than charity, right? No, wait, let me guess - "he could have donated the money to charity out of his own pocket" - that's what the Cleveland fans usually say. Here you are calling him arrogant, yet you and many others put your feelings over charity, and expect this man to come out of his own pocket just so he can appease you. That could very well be the quintessential example of hypocrisy.

Quote:
Lebron James was treated very well by the fans here despite his narcissism and he and his entourage going out around town, ringing up large tabs at bars and restaurants, running the servers of the establishment to death, and then giving a small or no tip at all! Prancing around like he is some kind of emperor! So you'll have to excuse if I as well as other Clevelanders have no respect for the man. This is a blue collar, down to Earth, hard working town. We deserve better!
Yeah, how dare he spend money and stimulate the local economy. What a jerk. Here you are complaining about unfair press, and then a few sentences later you're doing the exact same thing. Hilarious.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:33 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,679,952 times
You can't seriously be defending "The Decision!"
Seriously??
That was classless. Everyone agreed there, not just Cleveland.

I don't care that he won. I really don't.

But I do think he is class-less. He still couldn't resist one last shot at us after he won: "There's no other place I'd rather be right now then here in Miami" He still carries a crudge because he BROKE OUR HEARTS and WE GOT MAD?
Really Lebron?

Old 06-22-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Really?

its interesting you would kick. Cleveland fans after last night. Who are you a fan of or are you just a Cleveland basher

Old 06-22-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
The media reports on many things in an unfair manner, including other cities besides Cleveland, current events, celebrities, etc. Cleveland is in no way a special case when it comes to unfair press.

Oh it's not? I'll repeat it! The people are constantly reminded about how this city "allegedly sucks!" Publications like Forbes can't wait to get their digs in on this city to tell us how "bad we have it here" compared to other places! Not to mention the constant over-played joke about how our river caught fire, when you and I both know that in those days in the height of manufacturing that very same thing could have happened in Detroit, Pittsburgh, or any OTHER rust belt city! At least someone was smart enough to cash in on it and create a beer called "Burning River!" And again, it is constantly EMPHASIZED on ESPN the plight of our cities sports teams. You know, I've lived NE Ohio all of my life, and despite it's issues in which EVERY major metropolitan area has, is a DAMN good city and a DAMN good region. And you know what? I'm DAMN proud to call it my home! Myself, and those of us who live here, and try to have a positive outlook on this region's future get a little tired of hearing it!

I think you're making the situation a little more epic than it really is. He is a basketball player who moved to a different team. It happens all the time. You're making it out to be some sort of Caesar-ish conspiracy.

They were planning this SINCE THE OLYMPICS! Lebron had NO intention of staying here, and no intention of luring any of his colleagues here to help him bring the NBA title to Cleveland! I don't begrudge him for leaving, but the way he went about it was down right douchebaggery! And to top it off he did not allow for the Cavs or Dan Gilbert to go out and sign some big name free agents!

By doing so, he raised a lot of money for charity. But I suppose your feelings are more important than charity, right? No, wait, let me guess - "he could have donated the money to charity out of his own pocket" - that's what the Cleveland fans usually say. Here you are calling him arrogant, yet you and many others put your feelings over charity, and expect this man to come out of his own pocket just so he can appease you. That could very well be the quintessential example of hypocrisy.

Oh whoopdie doo! All of these athletes do charity events! It doesn't make him a saint. Furthermore, being an Akron kid, he has always had an axe to grind with Cleveland over some sort of inferiority complex that Akron has toward it's bigger counterpart!

Yeah, how dare he spend money and stimulate the local economy. What a jerk. Here you are complaining about unfair press, and then a few sentences later you're doing the exact same thing. Hilarious.

Yeah he spent his money to stimulate the economy. Cool. But at least carry yourself with some dignity and not expect people to wait on you hand and foot, expect people to fall at your feet because you're some self-proclaimed "King" or "Savior" and then stiff those poor workers. I got annoyed with my fellow Clevelanders, because this city is so desperate for a winner that they put him on a pedestal, like he was some sort of GOD! Sorry, the name of the city on the front of the jersey is BIGGER than the name on the back!

So again, if you don't like the unfavorable opinions given here about Lebron James in the CLEVELAND sub-forum (DUH), then go back to your little MIAMI board, and celebrate with your fans over your victory! Because as it stands, all you're trying to do is be smug about it and rub it in our faces!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland