Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2011, 04:45 AM

2,554 posts, read 6,901,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
^ I forgot, Case Western may also be breaking ground next year on their new Athletic Field House.
Is there a timeline on some of these for starting construction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 09:47 AM

On that note, what does everyone think of the new paneling on Uptown? I haven't been along this stretch of Euclid in a few weeks, and have been out of town as well. Does it look good, cheap, etc?

Old 11-12-2011, 08:16 AM

Costello, where are you lol? We need some of your great insight right now. I have heard the new facade is going up on Uptown and tried to ask questions about it before this thread went crazy. What do you think?

Old 11-12-2011, 10:41 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,283,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
Costello, where are you lol? We need some of your great insight right now. I have heard the new facade is going up on Uptown and tried to ask questions about it before this thread went crazy. What do you think?
University Circle is currently hosting 6 games for the NCAA men and women's soccer tournament...I'm walking over their right now! Case Western Reserve University - One of the nation's top universities and the best college in Ohio

Being a tour guide in University Circle??? Please, that's like being a Green Bay Packers Fan right now!!

Old 11-13-2011, 09:19 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,941,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
Honestly, that is not a bad topic to get into discussion about. I would chime in if it wasn't in this thread. I lived in sh**sburgh for a year, and couldn't get over the hatred people there had for Cleveland. I have noticed people in Cleveland don't even really give Pittsburgh the time of day, and it's the same way with Cincinnati. Anyway, I could go on about the subject, and if anyone wants to create a thread about it... go ahead.

On that note, UC is going places so lets talk about it.
UC needs to be a prime and premier area in the U.S.; the potential is there obviously. I'm glad its development is being guided in part by a non-gov't agency. The University Circle Red Line station needs to be at 123rd/Euclid and not its existing stop-simply call that one Cedar. E123rd Street is much more centrally located for UC and with the connection-development along Euclid, it is better suited to be the UC station.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
UC needs to be a prime and premier area in the U.S.; the potential is there obviously. I'm glad its development is being guided in part by a non-gov't agency. The University Circle Red Line station needs to be at 123rd/Euclid and not its existing stop-simply call that one Cedar. E123rd Street is much more centrally located for UC and with the connection-development along Euclid, it is better suited to be the UC station.
I believe you are referring to the E.120-Euclid Ave rapid stop, and I agree completely. That's the stop I use for University Circle, and tell out of town guests to use for both Little Italy and University Circle attractions.

Most of the new residential construction has occurred/is occurring around this stop. The one named "University-Cedar" is too far away from everything, with its name creating confusion.

UCI has done wonders for this area and I hope Cleveland continues to realize how this area can truly become the GEM of the Midwest.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:57 PM

And if anyone wants more inside info on University Circle, the annual meeting is this

Thursday, Nov 17, 2011

UCI Annual Meeting (http://www.universitycircle.org/uci.aspx?page=143 - broken link)

Old 11-14-2011, 05:33 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,132 times
29 deleted off topic posts later I'd like to remind you all that if you continue to troll, post off topic posts and/or treat the forum like a personal chat room, I will issue more infractions and posting restrictions.
Yac.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:19 AM

2,368 posts, read 5,104,821 times
I'm currently working on a term paper on University Circle. When I'm done, I'll share it with those interested! My research is showing a LOT going on in University Circle to make it competitive.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKUKUK View Post
I'm currently working on a term paper on University Circle. When I'm done, I'll share it with those interested! My research is showing a LOT going on in University Circle to make it competitive.
Good Luck!

I'd be very interested in seeing the finished product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland