Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2011, 10:07 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,283,509 times

Advertisements

FYI, if anyone is interested:

“Plain Dealer” architecture critic to discuss University Circle’s latest developments Dec. 2

the daily | news and information for Case Western Reserve University
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 03:51 PM

Even more trickle down effect caused by University Circle:

"I see the growth happening in University Circle, and I want to tap into that," he says. "There are healthcare and technology professionals living in Cleveland Heights, and my goal is to drive business development opportunities here."

cleveland heights hopes to land development deal for prime cedar-lee parcel

Old 12-04-2011, 01:46 PM

Side note: I was at the Holiday CircleFest today, and this was the busiest I've ever seen it. Lines were packed the horse carriage rides, Botanical Gardens Wintershow, Natural History museum exhibits etc. All this even with kind of crappy light rain.

It seems University Circle's profile continues to rise with local Clevelanders.

Preview from yesterday: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/loc...versity-circle

It's still going on btw:

Sunday, December 4, 2011
• Activities - 1:00-5:30 p.m.
• Winter Lights Lanern Procession on Wade Oval - 5:30 p.m.
• The Rink at Wade Oval - 1:00-7:00 p.m

http://www.universitycircle.org/even...irclefest-2011

Old 12-04-2011, 06:43 PM

"The Circle is the gemstone of Cleveland," Ronayne said. "We want people to know that it's a cultural center. We're coming into our best days."

Thousands enjoy CircleFest's atmosphere, activities to kick off winter | cleveland.com

Old 12-11-2011, 07:39 AM

1 posts, read 2,193 times
There are two residential houses on the corner of euclid and auburndale. What will cirlce east do with these?

Old 12-13-2011, 06:39 PM

364 posts, read 715,780 times
I was on a weekend trip to Cleveland this past weekend, and I was highly impressed with University Circle. I'm not really a fan of shiny, new modern architecture, but I like how it's being incorporated in UC and other parts of Cleveland. It's actually just what Cleveland needs to serve as a "shock" factor to people who visit the city. A lot of people who have never been to Cleveland picture all of the city to be a rusty, crumbling place, but then find there are really nice and very clean parts of the city.

I find it amazing how fast Cleveland is cleaning up the city. The last time I was there was nearly a year ago, and just within that short amount of time, I've noticed drastic changes.

Hopefully with all the changes going on, people will start moving back into the city. While UC felt fairly lively, other parts of the city, including downtown were relatively dead (little to no traffic). We walked around downtown Friday and Saturday nights, and there was very little foot traffic. Downtown Cleveland is considerably cleaner however than downtown Cinci IMO.

Btw, is there rail access in UC?

Old 12-13-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahl_Wrighter View Post
I was on a weekend trip to Cleveland this past weekend, and I was highly impressed with University Circle. I'm not really a fan of shiny, new modern architecture, but I like how it's being incorporated in UC and other parts of Cleveland. It's actually just what Cleveland needs to serve as a "shock" factor to people who visit the city. A lot of people who have never been to Cleveland picture all of the city to be a rusty, crumbling place, but then find there are really nice and very clean parts of the city.

I find it amazing how fast Cleveland is cleaning up the city. The last time I was there was nearly a year ago, and just within that short amount of time, I've noticed drastic changes.

Hopefully with all the changes going on, people will start moving back into the city. While UC felt fairly lively, other parts of the city, including downtown were relatively dead (little to no traffic). We walked around downtown Friday and Saturday nights, and there was very little foot traffic. Downtown Cleveland is considerably cleaner however than downtown Cinci IMO.

Btw, is there rail access in UC?

Thanks for the write up--glad you enjoyed your visit. UC really has been taking off lately, and I'm not just being a cheerleader. I first moved here 7 years ago, and these past 6-12 months if when all of these major changes and improvements have happened.

YES, University Circle has two train stops on the Redline rapid, University Circle-Cedar and E.120-Euclid. It also has a half dozen stops on the BRT Healthline, which also connects to Downtown:

Old 12-14-2011, 09:23 AM

Big news this morning...federal funds will connect Uptown, University Hospitals, Case Western Reserve, and Little Italy with a brand new, more centrally located rail station!

RTA wins $12.5 million grant for new rapid station at Mayfield and East 119th | cleveland.com

Old 12-15-2011, 08:11 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,579,676 times
If only they could bulldoze those hideous Triangle apartment buildings. Jesus Christ do those bad boys stand out.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:55 AM

yawn...no big deal, just more multi-million dollar construction underway in University Circle... just another week...

Funds from six sources were used to assemble the $27 million financing package to build the hotel, said Pete Snavely, president of the family-owned development and construction firm. The project incorporates Cleveland and Cuyahoga County loans, funds raised through federal new market tax credits and construction union pension funds.

The eight-story hotel is expected to open late next year, said Mr. Snavely, who estimates nearly 150 workers will be on the project site at its busiest in late summer.

http://crainscleveland.com/apps/pbcs...EE%2F111219899
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland