Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 12:48 PM

77 posts, read 440,544 times

Advertisements

Hey there, I'm looking for a nice- friendly, family friendly place to live.
Nice Homes, Nice Neighborhoods- good neighbors.

How are the people out there? Example- I was looking at Scottsdale AZ, Come to find out- the people there I guess all have some sort of Attitude. Along w/other bad stuff- I kinda decided it's not for me.

And if you can reccomend any places to live. I'm looking to live in a really nice neighborhood, surrounded by nice neighborhoods w/nice/good neighbors.

please do write me back, thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 01:00 PM

708 posts, read 1,814,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianguitarist27 View Post
Hey there, I'm looking for a nice- friendly, family friendly place to live.
Nice Homes, Nice Neighborhoods- good neighbors.

How are the people out there? Example- I was looking at Scottsdale AZ, Come to find out- the people there I guess all have some sort of Attitude. Along w/other bad stuff- I kinda decided it's not for me.

And if you can reccomend any places to live. I'm looking to live in a really nice neighborhood, surrounded by nice neighborhoods w/nice/good neighbors.

please do write me back, thank you so much!
I know about that attitude problem that seems to be a "western" thing, lol....Im moving back to cleveland in May and because of that attitude out here, I can't wait to get back...The people in cleveland are absolutely the greatest, nicest people....The people act like family, especially if you get in one of the surburban neighborhoods....Im an east person, so Shaker heights, Cleveland heights, Bedford, Solon, Aurora,,,nice eastside areas...As far as the westside to me personally, North Olmsted, Lakewood, Rocky River, Westlake...Those are nice....Those are the places I've been that you might want to look into.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:03 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,321,635 times
Cleveland. I spent a week there recently. I found the people to be real "salt of the earth" types. Nice, decent, hard working folks. I wish there was more to do after 5 PM; it's kind of a bland town, but the people are great.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:06 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,986,437 times
"What are the people like in Clevelend? Are they nice?.. etc.."

They are very nice...to your face.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:17 PM

73 posts, read 171,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Cleveland. I spent a week there recently. I found the people to be real "salt of the earth" types. Nice, decent, hard working folks. I wish there was more to do after 5 PM; it's kind of a bland town, but the people are great.
Nice comment about the people, but the town is "bland"? Cleveland is lots of things (good and YES some bad) but bland isn't one of them LOL! It's definitely got flavor in ,uh, more ways than one. It's not a very transient town either, which I think strengthens the local character. Not sure where you were but I'm guessing you didn't get around enough.

As far as things to do, maybe you're comparing it to a much larger city (?) For a city its size there's more than enough to do. I'd like to know your point of reference.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:26 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,333,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Na zdrowie View Post
Nice comment about the people, but the town is "bland"? Cleveland is lots of things (good and YES some bad) but bland isn't one of them LOL! It's definitely got flavor in ,uh, more ways than one. It's not a very transient town either, which I think strengthens the local character. Not sure where you were but I'm guessing you didn't get around enough.

As far as things to do, maybe you're comparing it to a much larger city (?) For a city its size there's more than enough to do. I'd like to know your point of reference.
I have limited exposure, but the people of Cleveland do strike me as 'real' and 'salt of the Earth' types as mentioned before. There seems to be less emphasis on pedigree, who you work for, wealth etc than in many other places. Many of the highest-level Physicians at CCF did not attend Ivy-league or other elite Medical Schools, which doesn't mean they're not excellent doctors.

It definitely has its share of run down and aging areas, but it seems that the city is on the rise after a major population decline. The lack of transience can make it tough for those who move to the area from elsewhere, as people already have their social networks in place.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:38 PM

73 posts, read 171,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
I have limited exposure, but the people of Cleveland do strike me as 'real' and 'salt of the Earth' types as mentioned before. There seems to be less emphasis on pedigree, who you work for, wealth etc than in many other places. Many of the highest-level Physicians at CCF did not attend Ivy-league or other elite Medical Schools, which doesn't mean they're not excellent doctors.

It definitely has its share of run down and aging areas, but it seems that the city is on the rise after a major population decline. The lack of transience can make it tough for those who move to the area from elsewhere, as people already have their social networks in place.
I know what you're saying, but I personally don't think Cleveland in particular is cliquey like that. There are also areas that do attract transplants from all over the country (Shaker and Cleveland Heights come to mind).

Old 02-01-2011, 09:37 PM

458 posts, read 1,223,008 times
This is a post from a forum member from a few years ago and their experience that they had in Cleveland. While this is an isolated incident, and wouldn't recommend doing this yourself, it has been my overall experience that Clevelanders are hard-working, down to earth, nice people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turpentine View Post
Hi all- I know the Cleveland area has had its share of negatives thrown its way, some deserved others not. Just want to share a good story about the fine folks of Cleveland that I think is worth mentioning.
In November 2006 I was at the Cleveland clinic for abdominal surgery, and my fiance was staying at my friends place in Mayfield village, while my friend was out of town. VEry late one cold Nov night she was driving back from the clinic, through some pretty rough areas, when her car conked out. Overcome with panic, cold lost me out from the surgery, and not knowing a soul (freind was out of town) , her wallet left back at the empty apartment, she tried to fix it herself but it was gone. Terrified, broke and not knowing what next esp in the tough area, she was approached by 3 young tough lookign african american males, who looked, according to her, intimidating. They proceed to introduce themselves and helped her car out of traffic, where they then tried to start it to no avail. One of the young men's uncle ran an auto parts store, he called ahead, and they agreed to stayu open for her. the other two flagged down a city bus, all the while comforting her, reassuring her, they would take care of it. They stayed on the bus with her, the only white person for miles, while all the other passengers went out of their way to make her feel safe, secure, and reassured her she would be fine. Upon reaching the auto store, the uncle had a hot meal waiting for her, and after some pleasantries were exchanged, they helped her fix her car.
all the individuals refused any form of payment saying only: Pay it forward, and/or Welcome to cleveland!

I thought this story needed to be told, as all we seem to hear and read about is crime, bad cities etc. This was a true example of pure decency, and genuine kindness, and although I'm not religious, an example of the true Christian spirit. May God continue to bless all those kind strangers who reached out to help that night. No matter what I hear about the challenges Cleveland has, Cleveland Oh will ALWAYS be #1 in our hearts.

Thanks again to you all-May God continue to bless each and every one of you. john & Shirley

Old 02-01-2011, 10:18 PM

77 posts, read 440,544 times
Oh wow, thank you so much for that story- that aught to be on TV somehow.

thank you!

Old 02-01-2011, 10:25 PM

124 posts, read 304,285 times
Having recently moved to the area myself, I have found folks in Cleveland to be extremely welcoming, kind people. Wish you the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland