Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 08:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,704 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I am currently in Greenville, SC and have to choose a job between one in Pheonix, AZ and Cleveland, OH. Both the places are equally new for me and one of the key deciding factor now seem to be the job opportunities for my Wife who is all set to begin her financial career here.

Which place out of the two would be more appropriate to choose considering this and why ? Appreciate your valuable responses.

D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 10:14 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,177,213 times
Well, if it helps, Key Bank is headquartered in Cleveland. I guess it really depends on what she's pursuing. Finance is a broad field.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:28 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dil2040 View Post
Hello All,

I am currently in Greenville, SC and have to choose a job between one in Pheonix, AZ and Cleveland, OH. Both the places are equally new for me and one of the key deciding factor now seem to be the job opportunities for my Wife who is all set to begin her financial career here.

Which place out of the two would be more appropriate to choose considering this and why ? Appreciate your valuable responses.

D
Good luck in your career opportunity. Obviously you are leaving Greenville which I consider a great little city on it's way up. I'm not too familiar with Phoenix but my opinion is Cleveland is a good city for financial sector with a couple medium size banks that have a large presence there and a lot of old money in the area. Key Bank is HQ in Cleveland.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:53 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
Everyone keeps mentioning Key Bank like they are the only bank in town. Cleveland actually has quite a few major banks with large offices. Our banking sector is actually quite strong.
Let's see, these banks all have corporate offices here:

Chase
Dollar Bank
Ohio Savings Bank (New York Community Bank)
PNC
Key
Fifth Third
Huntington
US Bank

and not to EVEN mention:
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland

*Note: This is not even a complete list...

Old 02-17-2011, 09:55 AM

191 posts, read 442,644 times
Chase just recently expanded their mortgage processing division here too.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:30 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,936,541 times
I know several people that work for Bank of America in Beechwood and some others that work for Quiken Loans.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:37 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,105,917 times
Cleveland's financial sector is on the rise. Phoenix? I'm sure they have a great one too... Anecdote for you though: My good friend CH left Cleveland for Phoenix. It's snowed within the first 2 weeks she'd gone there. She can't get anywhere without driving. ANYWHERE. She's already looking for ways to get home to CLE!

It's a beautiful city with loads of old character and charm, racially diverse, friendly people, and a surprisingly good economy. It's the jewel of the "rust belt" and has a great nightlife.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:35 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
I know several people that work for Bank of America in Beechwood and some others that work for Quiken Loans.
I was going to mention Quicken Loans but I wanted to keep it a list of Banks.
A couple smaller banks have corporate offices here, too.

First Merit
First Federal of Lakewood

Old 02-18-2011, 10:33 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,489,872 times
I have lived in both places. I grew up in Cleveland and still live there, I spent a year in Phoenix. The only difference is weather and higher utility costs in PHX. I would probably pick PHX, but only if the salary was 30% higher. Your money can go a lot further in CLE than in PHX.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:37 PM

389 posts, read 804,712 times
I've been considering a move from Cleveland to Phoenix or Raleigh NC. For me its strictly the weather being the reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland