Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2011, 09:53 AM

24 posts, read 143,821 times

Advertisements

I just got a job in Beachwood and am going to start looking for apartments. The thing is, I do not own a car, so I'm looking for places that will allow me to take the bus there. Any insights and advice on potential areas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 09:56 AM

192 posts, read 492,354 times
oh jeez, good luck. i hate taking a bus to beachwood -- takes for ever!
your best bet would be to try and rent something down the street from where you'll work. you will want to walk to work, or be able to take only one bus to get to work
you also might be able to rent a home or townhouse in beachwood

Old 03-14-2011, 10:52 AM

17 posts, read 30,164 times
Depends where in Beachwood. This much is true, you don't want to take more than one RTA conveyance to get there. Go to riderta.com and look at a system map.

Here are some suggestions:
If you are working near on or near Cedar Road, you are on the number 32 bus line. Cleveland Heights is your best bet for an apartment on the busline. There are lots of nice doubles - also called duplexes - in Both Cle and U Hts. The Huntington apts in U Hts are convenient but sort of bland. If you're young or in search of the sort of neighborhood where you can grab a coffee or a dring and meet people, Cleveland Heights is your place.

If your work is on Chagrin Blvd, there's the DeVille Apts, and some other ones close by whose names escape me. Buses go down Chagrin, don't know the numbers (can you tell I live in the Heights?)

Good luck!

Last edited by melonheadjujube; 03-14-2011 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: typos!

Old 03-14-2011, 12:14 PM

126 posts, read 339,261 times
I agree that you probably want only one bus (no transfers.)

Here's one of the best things ever created:

Google Transit

When you find a prospective apartment, just enter its address and your new work address and Google will tell you how to get there. I use this tool all the time.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:43 PM

Thanks a lot, guys! Okay, so it sounds like taking a maximum of one bus is key, so I'll definitely keep that in mind. Feel free to keep the advice coming, I really appreciate it.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:36 PM

One more (follow up) question: Is public transportation safe in Beachwood?

Old 03-26-2011, 09:49 PM

420 posts, read 1,042,456 times
Default Yes

and for the most part all of RTA routes . Including areas that are not to
safe .

Quote:
Originally Posted by econ View Post
One more (follow up) question: Is public transportation safe in Beachwood?

Old 03-27-2011, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citydudeallover View Post
Yes, and for the most part all of RTA routes . Including areas that are not to safe .
Cool. Thanks, man. Just wanted to check...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland