Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 06:13 PM

124 posts, read 304,223 times

Advertisements

Any Kamm's Corners folks out there? We are looking at a house or two in the area and wanted to get others opinions. Is this a good area? Friendly? Houses hold their value?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 03:22 PM

420 posts, read 1,041,628 times
Default YES and yes

I lived there for awhile , Loved it I was a renter then , I wished I could afford to buy a house in the area then . Most areas close to Metro Parks,
walk , ride your bike along the pathways to / any where one would want to , Berea , nice small downtown or Wallace Lake , take a swim on a hot summer day .
There is a poster who could give all kind of advice , lives and breaths
West Park , but must be buzy doing fun things that Metro Cleveland has to offer . SEEK OUT THE FUN < YOU WILL FIND IT IN CLEVELAND

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMHFoster View Post
Any Kamm's Corners folks out there? We are looking at a house or two in the area and wanted to get others opinions. Is this a good area? Friendly? Houses hold their value?

Thanks

Old 03-20-2011, 04:45 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,487,636 times
West Park is like little Dublin in some aspect, lots of Irish decendants from the county Mayo in Northwest Ireland, tons of Irish bars. Fun place really. Nice neighbors and probably the best area in the city limits.

Also echo what city said about the Metro Parks, so awesome and they are right there. Plus Fairview Hospital has an awesome birthing center if you are expecting a baby.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:34 PM

Thanks! We fell in love with Greenwood Ave. off of Rocky River Dr. and are hoping someone lists their house soon. There are a number of other streets north of Lorain that we really liked, so fingers crossed that we find something fabulous!

Old 03-21-2011, 10:23 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydudeallover View Post
There is a poster who could give all kind of advice , lives and breaths
West Park , but must be buzy doing fun things that Metro Cleveland has to offer
That would be me.
I love Westpark.
The entire area is very safe, not just "North of Lorain". That is a myth that south of Lorain isn't as good. It is every bit as good.

Some areas to consider:
Fernshaw Avenue just south of Lorain, west of Rocky River Dr. A quiet dead end street full of pretty houses.
Bradgate, just south of Fernshaw is another nice street, both sides of Rocky River. A woman I work with just bought an amazing house on Bradgate.
Truax is another cool little dead end street south of Lorain, east of Rocky River.
Chatfield to West 150th is a nice area, and everything north of it, as well. Very safe area with more traditional Cleveland houses.
There is also some new construction off of Chatfield. If you turn on Chatfield from Rocky River and turn right at the first street, you will think you are in Strongsville.
Prety much everything west of 71 and north of Puritas is a good safe neighborhood. I have friends that live all over this area. Good decent hard working people. Wierd how many of us wound up in this same neighborhood.

As for north of Lorain everything west of Warren is a good area. I do really love the streets west of Rocky River, north of Lorain. Every street has a theme (including Greenwood). This street has A frame homes, that one has brick bungalows all kind of similar looking. Love how they did that. They all look similar but different enough to not look like a suburb.
I think Greenwood is the one with the mansion at the end of the street? I think. Just sold for $350,000.

Another hidden gem is the area north of Lorain, across from the hospital.
West 178, West 179 and Allien Avenue. Very cool little neighborhood. Some of the homes there have views of the park. Some people don't even realize there is a little development back there.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:42 PM

Thanks Peregrine!

Old 03-22-2011, 07:16 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
A friend is looking for a house in Westpark and she found this:

http://www.17301fernshaw.info/

Bit more then she wants to spend, but that is a pretty sweet home.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:27 AM

458 posts, read 1,222,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
A friend is looking for a house in Westpark and she found this:

17301 Fernshaw Ave Cleveland Ohio

Bit more then she wants to spend, but that is a pretty sweet home.

Beautiful House!

Old 03-22-2011, 11:08 AM

1 posts, read 7,390 times
Another thing to consider regarding the whole north/south of Lorain debate is lot size. Seems that most of the lots on the north side are postage stamps. I live on W. 160th, a quarter of a block south of lorain and I think my lot is easily 50% larger than most of those on the north side. I think my yard is average too - some around me have even bigger yards.

We love living here - tons of stuff to do. I think this community is on the upswing with the Kamm's Corner's revitalization effort and gas prices going up - people are starting to look at moving closer to the city.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:50 PM

FYI: That house sold in December.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland