Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 02:04 AM

10,398 posts, read 572,374 times

Advertisements

Besides the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, What else in Cleveland would you suggest to a visitor to see or do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 02:28 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,285,962 times
In order of recommendation:

- Westside Market
- Cleveland Museum of Art
- "A Christmas Story" House
- Great Lakes Brewery (and free tour)
- Playhouse Square event (shows nightly)
- Cleveland Sporting Event (Cleveland Indians, Clevelamd Cavs, Lake Erie Monsters Hockey, Cleveland Gladiators Arena Football, etc)
- Little Italy neighborhood
- Cleveland Comedy club (Pickwick and Frolic, Improv, etc)
- Iron Chef Michael Symon restaurant (Lola, Lolita)
- Cleveland Zoo and Metroparks
- IMAX movie theater @ Great Lakes Science Center
- Cleveland Orchestra
- W.6th and E.4th nightlife
- Places to eat (nicer restaurants): L'albatros, Crop, Etna,
- Places to eat (casual): Sokolowski's, Tommy's, Melt, Li Wah
- Unique bars: La Cav du Vin, Velvet Tango Room, Buckeye Beer Engine, Bier Markt
- Other Neighborhoods: Tremont, Asiatown, Ohio City, Shaker Square, Coventry
- Cleveland Museum of Natural History
- Cleveland Botanical Gardens
- Cleveland music concert
- Shopping: Crocker Park, Beachwood Mall, Legacy Village (all suburban)
- Historical: Western Reserve Historical Society Museum, Soldiers and Sailors monument
- Cleveland MOCA
- Lake cruiseships and boating

Also remember that Cleveland has a TON of events and festivals, especially during the spring and summer. When you know the exact day, we should be able to give more recommendations.
-

Last edited by costello_musicman; 03-27-2011 at 02:37 AM..

Old 03-27-2011, 10:31 PM

10,398 posts, read 572,374 times
Default thanks

Thanks for all your Great suggestions! WE are coming over Memorial Day Weekend, I have heard that Cleveland is a nice City to visit and like other Cities, it has been revitalized in the past 10 - 15 yrs and is more appealing to visitors.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:46 AM

Sounds great!

Memorial Day always has a few great festivals, including:

- Greek Festival in Tremont (W.14th St)
- Rib Cook-Off and Music Festival (Flats)
- Garfield Monument reopening (Lakeview Cemetery in University Circle) -- usually music and picnics, etc

The others going on around the metro, but these are the ones I know of in the city itself.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:34 AM

869 posts, read 1,278,311 times
If you want to see more of the city, I would recommend:

1) "Take a Hike" Tours of Downtown (Free) Donations (http://www.historicgateway.org/Donations.html - broken link)
2) Lolly the Trolley Tours Lolly the Trolley - Trolley Tours of Cleveland

Old 03-28-2011, 06:49 PM

367 posts, read 622,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
Sounds great!

Memorial Day always has a few great festivals, including:

- Greek Festival in Tremont (W.14th St)
- Rib Cook-Off and Music Festival (Flats)
- Garfield Monument reopening (Lakeview Cemetery in University Circle) -- usually music and picnics, etc

The others going on around the metro, but these are the ones I know of in the city itself.
Love the Greek Festival!

Old 03-28-2011, 06:54 PM

367 posts, read 622,162 times
If it's your first time in Cleveland just go to a couple of neighborhoods and hang out. You can't really understand a cities true vibe if you spend time in a museum. I love Cleveland's museums, but I would suggest spending the day in Little Italy exploring and heading to Tremont at night for a nice dinner and some cool bars. E. 4th St. and W. 6th have some nice places, but attract the whole 40 year old balding guy who still spikes his hair and wears Ed Hardy clothing... Lots of douches. A cool area when that crowd isn't there. Try Edison's Pub and The Treehouse in Tremont, and Mama Santa's pizza in Little Italy, and don't forget a cannoli at Presti's... Fahrenheit is my favorite restaurant in Tremont...

Old 03-29-2011, 10:19 AM

38 posts, read 86,633 times
If I were going back home for Memorial Day weekend, I would hit up the Greek Festival, West Side Market Saturday during the day, Little Italy at night for dinner, then to the Wine Cave on Coventry (is it still there) for drinks. Sunday I would get out into the Metroparks, possibly Headland's Beach, depending on weather, or Art Museum if rainy. I would avoid the Rock and Roll hall of fame, but I might consider the Science Center (if I was bringing the kids).

Old 03-29-2011, 10:45 AM

You know what's funny, I've never actually been inside the RRHOF besides for free concerts in the lobby.

Personally, I believe Cleveland has much more to offer, especially in regards to food, neighborhoods, and events.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:03 AM

117 posts, read 244,443 times
I find that's a huge problem with the city's image... Anytime you think Cleveland, you think Rock N Roll hall of fame.... Thing is, nobody goes there... the city has way more to offer than that.. i've lived here my whole life the only time i've been near it, it's been for the Browns games.

I'm not sure if people in Cleveland really even aknowledge the Rock N Roll Hall of fame anymore. The city has way more going for it. Sorry had to comment on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland