Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 07:24 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I was just wondering what people think of Cleveland Heights as a community. Is it generally well regarded? Safe? Does anyone have any thoughts about the Bluestone project located in Cleveland Heights?

Also, would you rather live in Cleveland Heights or the University Circle/Little Italy section of Cleveland proper?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 02:39 PM

708 posts, read 1,815,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Hello,

I was just wondering what people think of Cleveland Heights as a community. Is it generally well regarded? Safe? Does anyone have any thoughts about the Bluestone project located in Cleveland Heights?

Also, would you rather live in Cleveland Heights or the University Circle/Little Italy section of Cleveland proper?

Thanks!
Cleveland Heights around the Conventry area is very nice...Cleveland heights in general is a great place to live and raise a family, especially near the Conventry area around lee and closer to University heights...If you go to far you'll end up in East Cleveland, and that's a big no no, lol......Between Univeristy Heights and Cleveland Heights, they are both very diverse and cultrual with quite a bit of history....You can't go wrong with neither location...Now Im not too familiar with the Bluestone project. I will do more reserch on this one....

Old 04-10-2011, 05:18 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,285,962 times
the poster was asking about University Circle, not University hts.

In regards to good areas of Cleveland Hts: Coventry, Cedar-Fairmount, and Cedar-Lee are the best.

Little Italy is very safe and popular. University Circle itself is quickly growing, with a couple hundred apts coming online very soon.

As for me, I prefer University Circle/Little Italy to live.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:35 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,277,933 times
Eh, Bluestone is kind of in a weird location. I guess the condos are okay, but something about that area screams "blah" to me. I don't know about pricing, but if I were going condos in Cleveland Heights, I'd look at the ones in the Cedar-Fairmount area. Or, like you mentioned, check out University Circle/Little Italy.

Cleveland Heights, overall, is a nice enough city, but the complaint that many folks have with it is the school district.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:15 AM

458 posts, read 1,223,532 times
I really like Cleveland Heights, especially Coventry, Euclid Heights Blvd, Cedar-Fairmount, and Lee-Cedar area. Great neighborhood.

Between that and Little Italy/University Circle (which is also very nice) is a hard decision for me. I personally would be happier in either in one, and I visit both places freqently.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:29 AM

10 posts, read 43,248 times
Love Cleveland Heights. Its an urban suburb and pretty safe. However, the trade off is C.H.'s high taxes. The taxes pay for our abundant police force which in turn keep the city pretty safe.

Regarding the Bluestone, if memory serves me, the Bluestone is next to C.H.'s primary fire station. That's great if you house/condo is on fire. However, its not so great at 4am if you don't have a fire. Also, make sure you understand Ohio's Condo laws and the likelihood of selling the Condo if you needed to move.

University Circle is also great and its one of the current "trendy" locations. C.H. is more traditional.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:10 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
I would love to live in Little Italy. There is some really great and very unique architecture there.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:15 PM

9 posts, read 18,635 times
Sorry to hijack but I'm curious about Cleveland Heights as well. How about the neighborhoods surrounding Cain Park? The property prices there are unbelievable and this area falls within the Univ Hts-Cleve Hts school Dis. The property taxes do not generally seem as high either. What's up with this area that the asking prices for beautiful homes are so cheap?
To the original poster---I'm obviously not real familiar this part of Greater Cleveland but both areas seem really diverse and desirable. Do you have kids? If so then be prepared in Little Italy to pay for private school since there is apparently no real public option. Otherwise I love University Circle!

Old 04-12-2011, 01:27 PM

85 posts, read 113,693 times
Cleveland Hts has some issues with its schools and influx of criminals and thugs, not just in the East Cleveland/Cleveland Hts border, but even near the more collegy parts i.e. Hampshire and Overlook Sts. There have definitely been some muggings there, not to mention a riot at last year's Coventry festival with non-residents.

I wouldn't go to Cain Park at night, but it's beautiful during the day.

Also, the property taxes are pretty high too, at least that's the general perception.

Severance Mall is crap too.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:21 PM

126 posts, read 339,261 times
Nice job in pointing out the fire station next to Bluestone! That's definitely something to consider. Also, Bluestone is on Mayfield Rd. which is always busy. It seems like it would be a pretty noisy place, but it sure does look cool and modern there. It would be convenient with Severance Center across the street and the bus 9 and 37 nearby.

I looked at a lot of houses around the Cain Park area and I noticed a lot of them needed work. Maybe that's why the prices are so low? I looked at a few that were way too big for me, but found that they were pretty run down. I'm not saying all Cleveland Heights is run down, just some of those houses that have been for sale way too long.

If you head East from Cain Park across S. Taylor Rd., you'll find a large Jewish community there. That area is safe and is very nice for families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland