Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 10:23 PM

4,537 posts, read 5,106,187 times

Advertisements

Just curious for your imput. Besides, all these: what neighborhood, suburb should I live in, that dominate, tend to be boring. Not to be rude, but I think a lot of such posters would be better served by contacting local housing agencies, chambers of commerce and the like rather than a website like this... but that's me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 09:16 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
What I hate about Cleveland is that, during the 40 years I have lived in Ohio, they still remain clueless about how to turn the amazing natural resources (the lakefront) into what it could be. Heck, all they need to do is COPY Chicago or Milwaukee, but they can't even do that.
They have a few things like the Rock Hall (although, they can't get any famous people to actually go there), the museums etc., but that's about it.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:54 PM

332 posts, read 2,252,523 times
I like all the potential Cleveland has and the things its does have like world class museums, the lake, The Cleveland Clinic, Cedar Point as well as its proximity to NYC and Chicago and a few other cities.

Don't like: Negative attitudes from many of its residents. I've observed many to be negative just cause thats just what there used to doing.

New projects seem to take forever and a day to get off the ground.

I will say, and keep saying that the area from University circle to downtown to the Flats, to the Lake is about to explode with all the new construction planned. We'll get our 24-hour city yet. By 2010 this should be realized and hopefully folks will have a better opinion of the place.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:13 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Cleveland is the one place I've lived where I felt comfortable almost immediately. My kind of people.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:38 PM

131 posts, read 693,623 times
Love: Dortmunder Gold Beer and Bertman's Ballpark Mustard

Old 08-02-2007, 11:54 PM

146 posts, read 789,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiejane View Post
Love: Dortmunder Gold Beer and Bertman's Ballpark Mustard
Bertman's? I don't think so!

Stadium Mustard is the best!

Stadium Mustard, a Cleveland tradition, can be yours at the click of your mouse!

Old 08-04-2007, 08:57 AM

2,367 posts, read 7,656,959 times
I love the diversity,lake,trees,sports,people.You know what I really almost like everything about Cleveland.I don't really dislike anything except the segregation.I don't get why white and black people don't seem to want to live together.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:22 PM

4,537 posts, read 5,106,187 times
LOVE: the fact Cleveland's a medium-sized metro area that has so much of what the giants (NYC, Chicago, Philly) have: great museums, public library, quality mass transit, many quality walking districts/mixed use areas (a book was published a few years called "Car Free in Cleveland" and despite some incredulous looks, it can be (and is) done here); diverse quality suburbs -- including many old-line/old money burbs, and a strong intellectual bases.

HATE: a negative attitude of Clevelanders toward their city. I often find visitors who are more positive about the City than natives -- if I had a nickel for every Cleveland person (esp suburbanite) who I've heard, over the years, say "... there's nothing to do here") I'd be friggin' rich.

I also hate our lakefront (at least from downtown east to Bratenahl -- Edgewater west thru the Lakewood Gold Coast is great) which, very, very slowly, pols are finally starting to address. Putting big, ugly Browns Stadium on it wasn't what I had in mind...

Old 08-07-2007, 03:40 PM

131 posts, read 693,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subway View Post
Bertman's? I don't think so!

Stadium Mustard is the best!

Stadium Mustard, a Cleveland tradition, can be yours at the click of your mouse!
Actually, Bertman's is the real and original stadium mustard. "Stadium Mustard" is a knock-off. I heard a story at one point that a disgruntled relative of Joseph Bertman started Stadium Mustard and attempted to take the stadium business away from him. The recipes are supposedly very close, but Bertman's is the original.

Encyclopedia of Cleveland History:BERTMAN, JOSEPH

I have friends here in Maryland that are so addicted to it that they keep me up to date on how many bottles they have left in the pantry so I can plan a trip to Ohio accordingly.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:48 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Lived in Cleveland metro area for over 30 years. Lived in Cleveland proper 14. Moved away 2 years ago to get a job.

Loved. Good suburbs. Good entertainment options for mid sized city. Restaraunts. - Danny Boys etc. ************ROCKY RIVER METROPARKS.*********** Affordability.

Hated. Dismal economy. You may not see it until you try to get work in other areas and find how relatively easy it is. City of Cleveland cops have got to be the laziest on the planet. City of Cleveland services declined BADLY after Michael White left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland