Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 02:56 PM

261 posts, read 588,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa12230 View Post
Good because we've narrowed it down to North Olmsted and Avon....
Well North Olmsted is...North Olmsted? I honestly don't hear people even mention North Olmsted unless they're talking about Great Northern Mall. I'm a little surprised you narrowed it down to Avon, as that's probably the last place I'd rep diversity points to. I know most people move out to Avon and Avon Lake because it's in Lorain County and some of the taxes are lower but pretty it's pretty much crowded sprawl out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 04:40 PM

708 posts, read 1,814,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RioDominicana View Post
Well North Olmsted is...North Olmsted? I honestly don't hear people even mention North Olmsted unless they're talking about Great Northern Mall. I'm a little surprised you narrowed it down to Avon, as that's probably the last place I'd rep diversity points to. I know most people move out to Avon and Avon Lake because it's in Lorain County and some of the taxes are lower but pretty it's pretty much crowded sprawl out there.
Well the reason why is the school system out there is pretty outstanding...Believe me, I've pondered it, lol....Its kinda hard because my husband is not familiar with anything about ohio or cleveland since he's from a small Idaho town....when we went there, he liked it a lot...It sorta reminded him of town he grew up in, and I admit, I did like it also, lol....

Old 07-11-2011, 07:54 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,273,663 times
Quote:
Good because we've narrowed it down to North Olmsted and Avon....
Sorry, I was being sarcastic and thought you would pick up on the joke. I don't want to really mislead you, though. Avon is 97% white. North Olmsted is a little bit more diverse, only checking in at 94% white.

I was looking up a few cities to see which ones were most diverse. What I found surprised me, since it's been a while: The western suburbs are even less diverse than I had even thought.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Well the reason why is the school system out there is pretty outstanding...Believe me, I've pondered it, lol....Its kinda hard because my husband is not familiar with anything about ohio or cleveland since he's from a small Idaho town....when we went there, he liked it a lot...It sorta reminded him of town he grew up in, and I admit, I did like it also, lol....
One other word of caution: There is nothing but unabated sprawl in Avon and this will likely continue for the foreseeable future. If, today, July 2011, it really reminded you guys of small town Idaho, I doubt you'll feel that way in July 2016.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
One other word of caution: There is nothing but unabated sprawl in Avon and this will likely continue for the foreseeable future. If, today, July 2011, it really reminded you guys of small town Idaho, I doubt you'll feel that way in July 2016.
LMBO!!!! now when we went over there, we like it..Every time my husband see's some kind of wooded area, he thinks of idaho, lol...We actually like both....we still havn't ruled out Lakewood..lol

Old 07-11-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
LMBO!!!! now when we went over there, we like it..Every time my husband see's some kind of wooded area, he thinks of idaho, lol...We actually like both....we still havn't ruled out Lakewood..lol
Lakewood is good. If I were to live on that side of town, Lakewood would be my choice, or maybe Rocky River. The rest is too "blah" for me.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:46 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
Rocky River and Fairview Park would be my only choices.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:35 AM

1,975 posts, read 5,210,712 times
Quote:
The Cleveland metro area is generally more forested as you head south or east, but to the west there are more open fields.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Lakes View Post
The Cleveland metro area is generally more forested as you head south or east, but to the west there are more open fields.
i have to admit we do like the open fields with the city being within minutes..

Old 07-18-2011, 12:58 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,172,111 times
Quote:
I now see the diveristy is no longer on the east side, but on the west side.
Mmmmmmm....no. Not at all.

Quote:
...Even Shaker Heights which is still good, is predonminately black...So is Cleveland Heights....I see more and more white people moving either farther east, (Willoughbuy, Mentor, ect...) or to the far West side...I know this because I have personally asked some of the white people I know...They agree...I love being diverse., and I want my kids to love it also..
In a nutshell, you want to live near white people. It's ok, just admit it. But, don't kid yourself. You're far from being diverse. Chances are, your kids will also be lily white. Diversity requires that you accept the differences of other races and cultures (no, you don't have to love the differences) rather than moving away from them.

P.S. - A lot of white, upper-middle class kids have "gangster" rap blaring out of mommy's soccer wagon, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: