Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 10:22 PM

42 posts, read 93,901 times

Advertisements

I am shocked at how many apts do not have w/d hookups.
So that would be another cost for those of us moving up there we're not used to.
Anyone do their laundry at their Apt.?
What is your ave expense on the machines, and for what size of family?
Thanks guys, your really getting me set up to move to the big city!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 05:59 AM

708 posts, read 1,814,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherish611 View Post
I am shocked at how many apts do not have w/d hookups.
So that would be another cost for those of us moving up there we're not used to.
Anyone do their laundry at their Apt.?
What is your ave expense on the machines, and for what size of family?
Thanks guys, your really getting me set up to move to the big city!

I can't agree with you more...this is one the most biggest expenses I've ever seen...Im not use to washing outside of my place because we had a washer and dryer already in the unit....the wsher adn dryer where I live are small and therefore more expensive to use because you have to use more machines...in my building its 1.75 to wash and 1.50 to dry....The laundry mats are cheaper and more cost effective...If you're looking for places that have washer and dryer hookup already in the units, you might want to considerthe west side of cleveland...We're also moving to westside and for me, thats one of the reasons for it..I have kids and would like to wash, without putting money in the washer, anytime I get ready

Old 09-21-2011, 07:55 AM

306 posts, read 820,897 times
One of the biggest issues with doing laundry at apartments is not the price, it's people stealing laundry. It's quite common to have this occur in the bigger complexes just because of the sheer size as its hard to track down who did it. I had this issue in a couple of larger apartment complexes. You can always look into a laundry pickup service. It might cost you a little more but it saves you time and you gain some security.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:42 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,414,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty711 View Post
One of the biggest issues with doing laundry at apartments is not the price, it's people stealing laundry. It's quite common to have this occur in the bigger complexes just because of the sheer size as its hard to track down who did it.
That's why I just bring a good book and chill in the laundry room while I'm waiting!

Old 09-22-2011, 05:35 AM

681 posts, read 2,358,773 times
I spent about three years living without a w/d in my apartment, so laundry day was either with the complex's machines or a quick trip to the laundromat. Since you have kids, I have a feeling you'll quickly come to appreciate the laundromat since you can get a whole houseload of laundry done in less than two hours. That includes sheets, towels, and even comforters. The laundromat typically has a selection of larger machines that can hold a king-sized comforter - those are good if you have lots of laundry that can be washed together. IIRC, those huge machines cost about $6-7 to use. Smaller machines cost about half that.

I'm guessing you can expect to spend about $15-20 at the laundromat if there's a lot to wash.

Bring your own detergent/softener, baskets, and laundry bags - and a good book/coffee with which to kick back and relax.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:24 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,371,085 times
Washer and dryer for apartments:

$43 washer
Portable Washing Machine

$70 dryer
Clothes Dryer, Portable, Compact, Mini, Spin Dryer

Old 09-23-2011, 08:38 AM

42 posts, read 93,901 times
Default Thanks guys

Yeah, I can't see me at the apts doing laundry, I guess it's the laundrymat if I can't talk hubs into the West side. Over in North Olmsted, they have a good school too, smaller than Mayfield.
I pray we all get washer/dryers!
I do mine at the weirdest hrs. I'd hate to have to plan it! LOL And not have my jammies on.
That's 80 a month!

Old 09-23-2011, 08:46 AM

1,249 posts, read 1,732,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty711 View Post
One of the biggest issues with doing laundry at apartments is not the price, it's people stealing laundry. It's quite common to have this occur in the bigger complexes just because of the sheer size as its hard to track down who did it. I had this issue in a couple of larger apartment complexes. You can always look into a laundry pickup service. It might cost you a little more but it saves you time and you gain some security.

WOW. People actually steal laundry?

Old 09-23-2011, 02:30 PM

306 posts, read 820,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1+1=5 View Post
WOW. People actually steal laundry?
It's very common in larger complexes. When I lived in Mayfield Hts, the complex had numerous laundry room issues. I used a delivery service instead. People pick thru laundry and steal the designer stuff. Most people would never be the wiser since its only one or two pieces of clothing missing.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:49 PM

1,249 posts, read 1,732,449 times
You learn something new every day, I guess. I do feel a bit bad for people that would have to stoop that low to steal others' laundry from the laundry room. I feel worse for the people that get their stuff stolen, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland