Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 11:51 AM

233 posts, read 454,691 times

Advertisements

ANOTHER new plate! this is the fourth design in the last 10 years good grief the need to pick one and STICK with it but in my opinion the plates are ugly they are plain and look like an envelope and if the license look likes the plates then they will be ugly as well maybe better than the pink one though...

Ohio driver's licenses and plates get new look | cleveland.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 02:40 PM

364 posts, read 715,264 times
I have no gripes about the license plates, but I'm glad to know that the hideous "Crayola" plates will be phased out. When I finally decided to switch my plates over last year, after living here for 3 years, the red, white, and blue plates were no longer being issued, so I had no choice but to get the "Beautiful Ohio" plates.

I don't agree with Kasich on many things, but I like the idea of having matching driver's licenses and plates. When these are finally released, I'll be quickly changing my plates.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:09 PM

233 posts, read 454,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahl_Wrighter View Post
I have no gripes about the license plates, but I'm glad to know that the hideous "Crayola" plates will be phased out. When I finally decided to switch my plates over last year, after living here for 3 years, the red, white, and blue plates were no longer being issued, so I had no choice but to get the "Beautiful Ohio" plates.

I don't agree with Kasich on many things, but I like the idea of having matching driver's licenses and plates. When these are finally released, I'll be quickly changing my plates.
Yeah the more I look at it the more I begin to like it as I read the article more i found a feature that is interesting which is the words in the background of the license plate can have customizable phrases which is cool but for me the jury is still out on the drivers license because I will have to see a picture to put my final opinion on it

Old 11-29-2011, 07:57 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,256,160 times
I like the look of them! I hope we stick with them for a while.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:17 PM

130 posts, read 299,462 times
I like em a lot. I voted for "The Buckeye State"...everything else sounds a little cheasy. Though the first and foremost reason I voted for it is because Ohioans are buckeyes...and I am DAMN proud to be from the buckeye state.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:01 PM

15,701 posts, read 17,030,857 times
If the art students who designed those plates think they evoke the image of an airplane wing.......I think they were high all right.......but not on an airplane.

I agree with the people who say they look like an envelope.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:20 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,040,194 times
I'm glad to know our governor is doing the important work of worrying about trivial things.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:30 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,070,898 times
I do not see the issue with the Drivers License .. How often do you look at it?
I am secure in my sexuality so a pink DL doesn't bother me.

The "Beautiful" Plate which we have now is nice, when we first got it it was a new style and we got lots of compliments, people thought it was a special plate. ODPS | BMV | Special License Plates

We will not be changing plates any time soon.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:56 AM

16,534 posts, read 19,654,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I'm glad to know our governor is doing the important work of worrying about trivial things.
I love this. Any time a politician does anything "trivial" someone has this comment to make.
Like when Obama mentioned getting rid of the penny a friend of mine just went off.
"Does this guy have nothing better to do!!!!" he bellowed.
Really?
Like if he didn't spend that 30 minutes assigning this project to someone he would have got something great done???

Old 12-06-2011, 07:09 AM

130 posts, read 299,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I love this. Any time a politician does anything "trivial" someone has this comment to make.
Like when Obama mentioned getting rid of the penny a friend of mine just went off.
"Does this guy have nothing better to do!!!!" he bellowed.
Really?
Like if he didn't spend that 30 minutes assigning this project to someone he would have got something great done???
I totally agree with you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland