Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 11:42 AM

27 posts, read 84,385 times

Advertisements

What are some outer-ring eastern suburbs you would suggest? I have only been to Cleveland once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 04:40 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabou View Post
I've heard great things about Hudson and your info on the town makes it more appealing to me. We will put that on our list of towns to explore this spring. What are people's thoughts on Rocky River?
If money is no object, there are some great homes in Rocky River. There is a wonderful little neighborhood along where the lake and Rocky River meet. (There is a similar area on the lakewood side of the rocky river.) Nice short commute downtown.

Hudson is nice, although it is a commute downtown if you'll be working there.

Chagrin, Medina, Barberton all have nice town centers.

Oops, forgot two nice options to the southwest. Berea, home of Baldwin Wallace college, and Olmsted Falls, down side is this town is on the airport flight path.

Last edited by buzzards27; 01-20-2012 at 04:50 PM..

Old 01-21-2012, 09:59 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,904,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabou View Post
What are some outer-ring eastern suburbs you would suggest? I have only been to Cleveland once.
Chagrin Falls is great.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,300 times
I live in Rocky River, in the small neighborhood where the lake and river meet. It is called Beach Cliff. The area in Lakewood on the other side of the river is Clifton Park and well worth checking out. The schools in River are better, most in the Clifton Park area go private. Living near the lake is lovely. This is a very family friendly area with great amenities. There is a great rec center with top of the line work out equipment, an indoor track, indoor swimming pool with lazy river, ice skating rink. The library is one of the best I've ever seen. Like others have said, there is a nice, small town feel here but it is close to the city. We are only 15-20 minutes to the airport - that is nice for my husband who travels.

From my house near the lake I can easily walk to the grocery store, a pizza place, wine store, gas station. A little further walk bring me to Detroit Rd with more choices (and excellent ice cream!). Cleveland Yacht Club is in Beach Cliff and there are other country club options not far away. My only real complaint about living in this area is that we moved here from Baltimore and found it difficult to make friends initially. Most people that live here are from here (no doubt because it is such a nice place) but it makes it a little challenging to break in when everyone here has known each other since grade school.

Best of luck with your search. We have really come to love Cleveland. The symphony and arts scene is superb. There are so many big city amenities in the area without the big city problems or ills.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:29 PM

27 posts, read 84,385 times
Thank you so much bookworm! I never heard about Clifton Park. We are visiting again in a few weeks. I may have more questions then!

Old 02-16-2012, 08:06 AM

480 posts, read 1,917,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty711 View Post
Rocky River is a great city. If you're looking for something with some small town character but in a more urban setting, then Rocky River could fit your bill. It has the metro park right there and Downtown is a very short drive. I would consider it as one of the top burbs in the area. Unlike Hudson or Chagrin Falls, its not as quaint, but it has plenty going for it. Its worth checking out.

Just to add one more thing, no offense to loveCleveland's list of cities, but I'm not sure many of those places are what you're looking for. They are all fine suburbs but I'm assuming you want something with a "village" feel since you live in New Albany. Of those listed, only a couple of them have downtown business districts of sorts. Most of them are rather generic suburbs. They all have their positives but I'm not sure I'd compare many of them with where you're currently living.
The only ones that might come close would be Hudson or Chagrin Falls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland