Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 04:08 PM

3 posts, read 7,825 times

Advertisements

Ive read some decent info on North Royalton, and I'd have to agree it is a nice area. I've worked in north royalton for more than 5 years, but tired of commuting from where i live now. I don't want to rent, and I don't want to take care of a house right at the moment...So do any of you have experience/knowledge/opinions of the condo options in N. Royalton?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 05:42 PM

708 posts, read 1,815,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDB330 View Post
Ive read some decent info on North Royalton, and I'd have to agree it is a nice area. I've worked in north royalton for more than 5 years, but tired of commuting from where i live now. I don't want to rent, and I don't want to take care of a house right at the moment...So do any of you have experience/knowledge/opinions of the condo options in N. Royalton?

Thanks
If you're looking to buy I know someone you can talk with personally..He's a realtor and he could help you get a condo

Old 02-06-2012, 09:15 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,317,864 times
Some years ago I knew someone who lived in the Harbour Light condos off Abbey Road, and I thought they were pretty nice. They're townhouses, each with their own upstairs/downstairs and private entrances, and I thought them to be a cut above some of the other options in the area which seemed more like glorified "cheap apartments".

Old 02-06-2012, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
Some years ago I knew someone who lived in the Harbour Light condos off Abbey Road, and I thought they were pretty nice. They're townhouses, each with their own upstairs/downstairs and private entrances, and I thought them to be a cut above some of the other options in the area which seemed more like glorified "cheap apartments".
Thank you for the response. I was thinking the same thing...still sharing walls, but seemed less like an apartment since they're kind of a "townhouse" style. Are you familiar with the area as it is now by chance? I know how quickly things can change when property values take a tumble. (nevermind there andrew61, just saw you're out of chicago now, but anyone else feel free to comment)

Also was looking into some in Broadview Heights, but they get a bit more pricey by comparison.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:10 AM

1 posts, read 2,578 times
My father in law is currently trying to get his condo sold. He has a house in North Royalton too, and they (my in laws) are considering moving south of Cuyahoga County. Let me know if you're interested and I can get you some more info.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:24 PM

457 posts, read 627,308 times
You'll find condos in Broadview Heights, too.

You should check out Trulia and Zillow. If you're serious about buying a condo or house, get a realtor!!

Old 02-16-2012, 08:06 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvOrlando View Post
You'll find condos in Broadview Heights, too.

You should check out Trulia and Zillow. If you're serious about buying a condo or house, get a realtor!!
One step better, use zillow or trulia and once you find a handful contact the LISTING AGENT. Make sure you are taking to the listing agent before you discuss the property.

If there is only one agent involved there is a better chance that the agent and broker will cut their commission to close a thin sale. Two agents mean a four way split of the commission. Two agents 50% each of their share and two brokers 50% of their share.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:19 PM

Thanks for the advice. I'm actually working with a realtor who has shown me a few options around. I was looking more for the inside knowledge that anyone may have, as far as 'this place is nice' or 'stay away from this place' kind of things. Anytime you go and look at a property, it usually seems like a quiet area, or whatever, but you're only there for a few minutes.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:09 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDB330 View Post
Thanks for the advice. I'm actually working with a realtor who has shown me a few options around. I was looking more for the inside knowledge that anyone may have, as far as 'this place is nice' or 'stay away from this place' kind of things. Anytime you go and look at a property, it usually seems like a quiet area, or whatever, but you're only there for a few minutes.
Watch out for the turnpike. The condos near 82 and York might be noisy.

You can still look on your own even with an agent showing you stuff. As long as they didn't make you aware of a property you're free to act on your own. I was an agent for 6 years, but gave it up long ago.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:47 PM

13 posts, read 29,385 times
I used to live in the apartments (Shadow Creek) next to Harbor Light. I've heard nothing but good things about Harbor Light. It was always pretty quite when I lived over there (we moved September of last year). Only thing is there are a ton of deer over there. I can't tell you how many times my husband and I almost hit one! It's defiantly worth checking out. Good luck to you in your search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland