Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 05:59 PM

80 posts, read 344,686 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't think twice about living in Shaker Heights if I was commuting to Case or the Clinic. It's the place to be if you want to live among people like yourself (higher eds commuting to University Circle) and close to downtown for theatre, orchestra, museums, access to good shops and walkable neighborhoods. The houses are awesome and you're going to be spending a lot of time inside them in Cleveland's long winters. Choose a house that's light and bright with low heating bills. Good luck!

Old 05-18-2008, 03:28 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,274,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiahgrace View Post
it is awful here,poverty levels are extreme,so extreme the crime rates are sickening,your used to nice smooth roads,when you arrive here your nice new car will be ruined,i have lived in denver and iam going back there is no comparison,cleveland is in a state of unchangeable decay,i promise you you will hate it.....i read forums all the time and i see a huge trend of people leaving this area due to high taxes,super high crime,heavely damaged roads and unsafe decaying bridges,bad schools...denver is heaven cleveland is worse than hell,do your research my friend us denver people are used to upper middle class living,cleveland is below the poverty limit you will figure it out very fast if you move here.
Talk about hyperbole! As with any city, one's success and quality of life depends on one's education and job. I can't speak on Denver's behalf, but things are not all "doom and gloom" in Cleveland. Cleveland has its positives and negatives, as every city does (including Denver). I'd simply encourage anyone with any open mind to give Cleveland a chance. Be wary of the types of posts like the ones above by jeremiahgrace, who suspiciously seems to have such a vendetta against Cleveland that he came here to city-data simply to slime the city.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,051 times
I moved from St. Louis Missouri in 1994 and moved to Seven Hills Ohio. I absolutely love our area, close to 77 to downtown area in just minutes. However I enjoy living in the suburbs of Seven Hills. Crime is low, nice subdivision. We actually have to move and have our house forsale. I hate leaving this area or my house. Quiet neighborhood, tow path for walking, minutes form all of the conveinences of shopping without all of the hustle. I hate Ohio because it is all flat and Seven Hills overlooks Cleveand which is nice. Coming from Colorado it will be a change. I think you will like the area so check it out. Need anymore info just e-mail me. Good luck.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:43 PM

136 posts, read 166,873 times
haha, I think Denver's political leaders must have a program to come on to City-Data and recruit because all I ever see on forums is how wonderful Denver is. I've known a few people that have lived there and they didn't think it was that great. Keyword: lived. They don't live there anymore. If a person wants to live in Denver...they can go over to the Denver forum. This one is for Cleveland.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghcleak View Post
haha, I think Denver's political leaders must have a program to come on to City-Data and recruit because all I ever see on forums is how wonderful Denver is. I've known a few people that have lived there and they didn't think it was that great. Keyword: lived. They don't live there anymore. If a person wants to live in Denver...they can go over to the Denver forum. This one is for Cleveland.
Well, the title of the forum is Moving to Cleveland from Colorado. The forum is for an exchange of ideas. People were asking the OP about Denver. It is up to the mods to decided when a forum has gone off-topic.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:25 AM

136 posts, read 166,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, the title of the forum is Moving to Cleveland from Colorado. The forum is for an exchange of ideas. People were asking the OP about Denver. It is up to the mods to decided when a forum has gone off-topic.
I never said the forum went off topic.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:32 PM

If judging the popularity/unpopularity of an area can be done just based on looking at license plates, I'd say that it looks to me like a lot of Coloradoans are packing up for Arizona.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:31 PM

Colorado is not losing population. The midwest has the largest # of internal migrants to Colorado.

For Denver, Popo. 550,000, 17.4% foreign born.

Quote:
Place of birth for U.S.-born residents:

This state: 222531
Northeast: 33351
Midwest: 89984
South: 56085
West: 50167
From City-Data

Old 05-20-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Colorado is not losing population. The midwest has the largest # of internal migrants to Colorado.

For Denver, Popo. 550,000, 17.4% foreign born.

From City-Data
If you say so. But it looks like a lot of folks from Colorado like Arizona better. After all, looking at license plates is a legit way of making such a determination, right?

Also, if this is a phenomenon that is happening across the midwest, I'm wondering what you aren't bothering the folks on the Milwaukee, Detroit, St. Louis, and Cincinnati forums more?

Old 05-20-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
If you say so.
What does that mean? That I'm not telling the truth?
Quote:
But it looks like a lot of folks from Colorado like Arizona better. After all, looking at license plates is a legit way of making such a determination, right?
Well, I'm not sure. I was in AZ in early April, and I saw lots of out of state licenese plates. It's a popular winter vacation spot. Actually, I don't remember seeing any from CO.
Quote:
Also, if this is a phenomenon that is happening across the midwest, I'm wondering what you aren't bothering the folks on the Milwaukee, Detroit, St. Louis, and Cincinnati forums more?
What do you mean? The title of the thread is "Moving to Cleveland from Colorado". How am I bothering you?

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 05-20-2008 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: change "spring" to "early April"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland