Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 04:23 PM

2 posts, read 10,510 times

Advertisements

I know Euclid tends to get the short end of the stick around here, but I was wondering if anyone on the forum would be willing to go through in a post what they think the city’s strengths and weaknesses are. Include anything you want, from healthcare to recreational services. Lakefront views to forclosures

I am doing a community assessment for a Community Nursing class I am taking at Cleveland State and need as many opinions as possible.

Current and former residents or employees of the city would be best.
If you would, could you please list your occupation???

Thanks in advance to anyone that wants to help out a stressed out nursing student
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 06:43 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,860,829 times
there is a positive in Euclid???

Old 02-06-2008, 12:52 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,879,959 times
The positives to Euclid are that its better than the city of Cleveland and East Cleveland. The only reason people talk bad about Euclid on here is because there are so many better suburbs and cities within 15 minutes of it. Euclid is more urban than most of the suburbs and I think its still more walkable. Its right next to the lake and there are some good views of the lake from there and it also has a beach. Its also close to the city of Cleveland and all of the stadiums and museums and everything in Cleveland.

The negatives are that its too close to the city of Cleveland and East Cleveland. Euclid also has some gang problems and a lot higher crime rate than most the suburbs, but its not that bad. The schools arent the best and it doesnt really measure up to the rest of the suburbs.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:51 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,870,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
The positives to Euclid are that its better than the city of Cleveland and East Cleveland. The only reason people talk bad about Euclid on here is because there are so many better suburbs and cities within 15 minutes of it. Euclid is more urban than most of the suburbs and I think its still more walkable. Its right next to the lake and there are some good views of the lake from there and it also has a beach. Its also close to the city of Cleveland and all of the stadiums and museums and everything in Cleveland.

The negatives are that its too close to the city of Cleveland and East Cleveland. Euclid also has some gang problems and a lot higher crime rate than most the suburbs, but its not that bad. The schools arent the best and it doesnt really measure up to the rest of the suburbs.
Being close to Cleveland is not a negative. You have a properous downtown at your doorsteps. It is East Cleveland that makes it a negative. I agree, Euclid gets overlooked because Cleveland has so many great suburbs to offer.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:35 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,860,829 times
was that supposed to be prosperous? if so, where is downtown prosperous?

Old 02-10-2008, 02:15 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,870,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
was that supposed to be prosperous? if so, where is downtown prosperous?
Do you even know what you are talking about? Look into the facts before you start rambling off. You worry about your water running out in Vegas.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:15 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,879,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
Being close to Cleveland is not a negative. You have a properous downtown at your doorsteps. It is East Cleveland that makes it a negative. I agree, Euclid gets overlooked because Cleveland has so many great suburbs to offer.
I put being close to Cleveland as a positive and negative, because you are closer to all the good things in the city, but your also closer to all the crime, poverty, and decay in the city and East Cleveland. Downtown is actually a pretty nice place now, the crime is higher than most other downtowns (thats what I heard) but overall its much nicer and safer than slmoat every other Cleveland neighborhood.

Also its prosperous because of all the nice new apartments being built and renovated. The prices of those apartments are pretty high too and a lot of them are being sold already so theres a high demand for being in downtown.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:07 PM

16 posts, read 61,868 times
The schools are dreadful. The superintendent and principals WANT the public to believe otherwise, and they do a lot of fast talking, but the situation is really dire. I used to work in the school district and still have friends who do.

A positive? Euclid always had a nice fireworks display on July 4.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:47 AM

12 posts, read 41,809 times
Horrid schools. We're moving out of Euclid this spring to get away from the schools. (Anyone want a house off Chardon Road? PM me. ;-))

The lakefront views are nice - as is the proximity to Lake Co, which is were I do most of my shopping.

Personally, I wouldn't go to Euclid Hospital, but I'm in favor of UH, so that might be why.

Another positive is that it seems to be tucked into a nice little spot where we don't see a lot of the snow/bad rainstorms.

I wouldn't go for walks alone here anymore. Maybe 5 years ago I would have.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:17 PM

2 posts, read 8,737 times
Yep, I agree, Euclid still does have a really impressive 4th of July fireworks display.

And that's about it.

I have lived here for over 18yrs now, and the negatives far outweigh the positives at this point. Sad, at one time I really loved living here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland