Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you Consider Cleveland a vacation destination?
Yes 10 22.73%
Maybe depending on season 6 13.64%
No 28 63.64%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 09:37 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,177,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
No. It strikes me as a decent place to live, but Joakim Noah told the cold truth...
...from the warmth of the Ritz-Carlton. Make your argument for or against but please draw from your own experiences. Quoting Joakim Noah, a young silver-spooner and lifelong enabled athlete, about anything outside of what happens in the low post simply makes you seem as ignorant as him.

Quote:
people don't choose Cleveland as their vacation destination if they have the option of going somewhere better for the year.
A highly subjective statement that could be construed as fitting for just about anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 03:33 PM

367 posts, read 622,162 times
It all depends on what your interests are. Sure if you are looking for beaches and sun the last place you think is Cleveland, but the city does have plenty of other things to offer. If you want to hit a city that has great cultural attractions and offers the ability to eat some great meals, then Cleveland can most certainly be considered a vacation destination.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:31 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,277,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
I guess you and me have different expectations but I'm enjoying the beach this weekend as I'm sure you may have...oops, guess not, not in 40 degrees
It was in the mid-60s today, nice and pleasant. You'll be living inside of someone's month in a few weeks. Enjoy that humidity and stay classy!

Old 04-30-2012, 09:39 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
I think that Cleveland is a great place to LIVE, but to visit for a week? Not unless you have family there.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is worth a three or four hour stay and the Western Reserve and Art museum are worth a visit. However, most of the worthwhile attractions can be seen over a three-day weekend.

In that respect, it fits in there with Indianapolis, Pittsburgh and Detroit.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeno View Post
It all depends on what your interests are. Sure if you are looking for beaches and sun the last place you think is Cleveland, but the city does have plenty of other things to offer. If you want to hit a city that has great cultural attractions and offers the ability to eat some great meals, then Cleveland can most certainly be considered a vacation destination.
While I would agree that it certainly isn't the first place you would think of, since we actually have beaches, I'd hardly say it's the last place you would think of. One could easily spend a pleasant day at the beach in and around Cleveland, if they were inclined to do so. Beforehand or afterwards, they could take in a ballgame, go to a museum, hang out in Little Italy/UC, see a play, see a concert, shop at the WSM, have a great meal, visit the metroparks, etc. You could easily spend a week in Cleveland and find plenty to do. I won't say that Cleveland is a top-tier vacation destination, but it certainly could be one if the cross-section fits what you're looking for.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:29 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,216,052 times
No Cleveland is probably the last place on my list to visit in America.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:02 PM

4,482 posts, read 6,237,297 times
Cleveland certainly has many attractions. However, when I think of vacation spot I think of Vegas, any number of beaches, Disney, etc.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancalderon71 View Post
No Cleveland is probably the last place on my list to visit in America.
What a coincidence, you're the last person on the list that we would want here.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Cleveland certainly has many attractions. However, when I think of vacation spot I think of Vegas, any number of beaches, Disney, etc.
Disney, Vegas, mainstream beaches = nothing but tourist traps.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:15 PM

4,482 posts, read 6,237,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Disney, Vegas, mainstream beaches = nothing but tourist traps.
I agree but equate vacation spot with tourist traps. That's my view anyway. I haven't taken a vacation in years and tend to stay local. I would probably be more likely to take a trip to Cleve (since I have never been there) from Cincy than land in a tourist trap. So, from an outsiders perspective is where I stand. For all I know it could be the best kept secret of vacation spots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland