Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2012, 08:46 PM

196 posts, read 614,007 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm taking a Megabus trip from New York to Chicago. It includes a layover in Cleveland from 9:30 AM (when the bus arrives) to 5:30 PM (when it will leave). I'd like to take the opportunity to check out Cleveland, but just to budget my time conservatively, I plan to spend about 5 hours out on the town. What's a good way to spend the late morning and early afternoon on Tuesday in Cleveland? I was thinking of going either to Ohio City or to University Circle and Little Italy; which makes most sense? (I regret that the West Side Market will be closed, as I'll probably be pretty hungry when I get off the bus!)

Also, keep in mind that I'll be carrying a lot of stuff, and that it looks likely to rain on Tuesday the 15th (when I'll be there).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 11:01 PM

3,412 posts, read 5,121,352 times
I'd go East. You can take the Health Line bus-rapid-transit out there, check out the *free* world class art museum, and just take a walk around the area... it's very beautiful and park-like. The near West side is great for restaurants and shops, but has less in terms of attractions than University Circle. Things are also closer together and easier to walk to in UC than Ohio City/Tremont. Personally, I would check out the art museum and Lake View Cemetery (where Rockefeller, and President Garfield, among other Cleveland rich and famous are buried), as both are free, spectacular, and unique.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:07 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,279,817 times
Since it's a Tuesday morning (and the Westside Market is closed), I'd also recommend University Circle/Little Italy.

Two ways to get there:
1) Healthline BRT
2) Red Line Rapid (Euclid-E.120th station)

Suggestions:
1) FREE Cleveland Museum of Art
2) Presti's Bakery in Little Italy for lunch/coffee

Old 05-08-2012, 10:15 AM

223 posts, read 397,631 times
Definitely a big fan of the Cleveland Museum of Art and the whole Uptown/University Circle District....hope you enjoy your layover in Cleveland...have a safe trip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland