Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 09:34 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,374,414 times

Advertisements

cant complain about the browns today can we!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 09:46 AM

14 posts, read 24,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htlong View Post
cant complain about the browns today can we!!!!!!!
nope but i am really worried about defense, the offensive may have saved their asses in the cincy and baltimore games but the defense needs to step it up so all the work is not put on the shoulders of the offense.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:18 AM

2,367 posts, read 7,652,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingman19 View Post
nope but i am really worried about defense, the offensive may have saved their asses in the cincy and baltimore games but the defense needs to step it up so all the work is not put on the shoulders of the offense.
The defense did look better yesterday against Baltimore though,even though Baltimore doesn't have a very good offense.The rush defense is what really is bad about the defense,the pass defense seems to be better,especially when teams are in the redzone against us.The offense of The Browns has been among the best in the NFL,so if that continues The Browns will win between 7-9 games.Just imagine,if that field goal wasn't blocked at the end of the game against Oakland The Browns would be 3-1 and be tied for first place in the division.Still Im inpressed with what I've seen out of this team already.When they play thier next game against the Patriots,I just want to see them challenge them,and give themselves a chance to win.I won't be disappointed though if they lose to the Patriots,because I don't know if anyone can beat the Patriots.I love what Derek Anderson has done since taking the QB spot over.Hes thrown 9tds and only 5 interceptions,and yesterday he only made one mistake.Its good too because it gives Quinn time to learn the offense,so Quinn will definetly be ready when he takes over at QB.But Im really excited about this team,I think they finally have figured it out,and they are going to give themselves a chance to win every week.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:55 PM

50,345 posts, read 63,928,555 times
OK, here's my opinion, for what it's worth. I was raised in Massachusetts, but have lived in NE Ohio since I got married 40 years ago. I thank God I didn't have to raise a family in a hot bed of high taxes, illegal immigrants, and political correctness. We call NE Ohio God's Country...kind of in jest, but not really. We have not ever been "cool" or a mecca for yuppies, but we have not ever had a bad school system, or gangs, or unaffordable housing. We have never had to lock our doors. We've never been robbed or mugged, or had a car stolen, and our children and grandchildren have only had nice friends with no tatoos or anything pierced. They've all played sports and have their heads on straight, and have married nice people. Maybe we're just awesome parents, but I doubt it. It's more a case of the environment being safe and sane and having a community feeling of a common goal. All those folks who make fun of all of us in "fly over country" are probably either jealous, or ignorant.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:16 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times
When the Cavs won the Eastern finals it was probably one of the best moments of my life. I was watching the game at a friends house in Lorain at the time, but I know some people who were in downtown Cleveland and they said it was crazy over there. Even in Lorain I went outside and people were screaming and partying and shooting guns off in the air and just having a good time and they finally had something to be happy about. Sports really affect Clevelanders because its our only way of coming back (Economy, Crime, Poverty and Foreclosures are pretty bad). When the Cavs and the Indians win it reminds people in the other more popular parts of the country that Cleveland is still on the map and were not going anywhere, it gives people here something to be proud of.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:54 PM

2,179 posts, read 7,374,414 times
i sat through the entire second half expecting the browns to do what they always do......blow it....i havent had the feeling for decades that the would end up without a fumblle on the three yard line!

Old 10-03-2007, 01:44 PM

37 posts, read 209,616 times
Finally...somebody saying something GOOD!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: