Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2012, 10:13 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,906,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaCitiGirl View Post
You're making some assumptions about me that are not true. You're also reading more into my responses than you'll need to. I'll just leave it at that.

Ok, whatever. That's neither here nor there.

Yep I did. And I did do a lot of things on my own. Had to. Just didn't do them in Cleveland.
When did you live in Cleveland?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 11:03 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,526,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
So people in Columbus don't go to restaurants? I lived in Columbus too. Sorry you didn't enjoy your time, but I really think you don't know anything about the city. Rock n Roll Hall of Fame? I've been there exactly once. As for lack of imagination, if you're bored in Cleveland, you do seriously lack imagination and adventure. Maybe you should have done things on your own instead of waiting for someone to invite you. How are you gonna meet the right people if you don't want to meet them?

Cumberland is 75 miles from Columbus. That's farther away than the distance from Cleveland to Youngstown...

Had you been to any of the things I recommended or from that link?
I've lived in both cbus and Cleveland also. Liking cbus better so far.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:10 AM

11,046 posts, read 12,320,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
Cool. I like Cleveland 100x better.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:24 AM

372 posts, read 462,442 times
Quote:
I'm from Omaha, and I lived in Columbus, OH for 10 years and Cleveland for three years. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED living in central Ohio. My family would come to visit me and we would have soooo much fun going to various attractions like the zoo, The Wilds (Cumberland, OH), the various caves, COSI, the castles, etc., etc., etc. I could entertain them for days on end and never have to do anything twice from one year to the next unless that's what they wanted to do.

When I moved up to Cleveland, I was bored to tears. I hated it. There's a reason that most people live the burbs and work and play in Cleveland. The city is a big, raggedy, dirty mess. Fortunately I managed to find a nice spot to build a home in a community just north of Garfield Heights but I was still in Cleveland. I made it a point to find things to do, but I just really didn't like there AT ALL. Other than to work, I RARELY went into Cleveland for anything. At the time it was a wonderful career move but I couldn't wait to get away from there. Finally got a job back in Omaha three years after moving there and am so glad to be back home. Truth be told though, if I could have found a similar career opportunity back in Columbus, I'd still be in Ohio but most definitely NOT in Cleveland.
Truth be told, I'd take Columbus over Omaha any day, and certainly Cleveland over Omaha. Sorry you didn't like Cleveland. Every city is not for everyone, but it certainly doesn't seem like you know a lot about the city itself. You can describe all the stuff you did in the city, but I live in the city limits, have lived in several other areas of the country as well as visited most of the nation, and still would pick Cleveland. I like the lifestyle, the cost of living, what the city has to offer, and the food scene. I go to a great university, live in a diverse neighborhood, have rail transit, and awesome museums within walking distance. Seems like sprawl is what you like... especially Omaha. Papillion, La Vista... Omaha has pretty much sprawled west into all of Douglas County. You talk about a lack of creation in Cleveland, but look at Omaha. NoDo is not nearly as great as everyone makes it out to be, and the Old Market area needs more work. You mention the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame, I went there once when it was free. There is so much more to do than that. The Metro Parks, Cuyahoga Valley National Park (Nebraska doesn't even have a national park), Lake Erie, and so many other recreational opportunities you just don't find in Nebraska. I-80 through Nebraska is one of the biggest yawns to drive in North America.

Omaha is certainly underrated in my opinion, though.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:09 PM

4,471 posts, read 6,179,359 times
Quote:
When I moved up to Cleveland, I was bored to tears.
I dunno. If you are bored in Cleveland you are likely a person who is boring with a proclivity to being bored.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:38 PM

170 posts, read 346,161 times
Although its died down some, Cleveland has earned quite a reputation for Mafia activity.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:06 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,131,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
Me too, but I like Cleveland more.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I'm from Omaha, and I lived in Columbus, OH for 10 years and Cleveland for three years. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED living in central Ohio. My family would come to visit me and we would have soooo much fun going to various attractions like the zoo, The Wilds (Cumberland, OH), the various caves, COSI, the castles, etc., etc., etc. I could entertain them for days on end and never have to do anything twice from one year to the next unless that's what they wanted to do.

When I moved up to Cleveland, I was bored to tears. I hated it. There's a reason that most people live the burbs and work and play in Cleveland. The city is a big, raggedy, dirty mess. Fortunately I managed to find a nice spot to build a home in a community just north of Garfield Heights but I was still in Cleveland. I made it a point to find things to do, but I just really didn't like there AT ALL. Other than to work, I RARELY went into Cleveland for anything. At the time it was a wonderful career move but I couldn't wait to get away from there. Finally got a job back in Omaha three years after moving there and am so glad to be back home. Truth be told though, if I could have found a similar career opportunity back in Columbus, I'd still be in Ohio but most definitely NOT in Cleveland.
I'm a bit surprised Minneapolis never entered your radar coming from Omaha.....but not if you're deathly afraid of colder winters!

Old 11-07-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRollin View Post
Although its died down some, Cleveland has earned quite a reputation for Mafia activity.
Italian? It's strange.....I have a lot of Italian relatives (not Italian myself) in Chicago and they act like the more stereotypical Guidos/Guidettes that you might see on Jersey Shore or in a mafia movie (but they're super nice and cool, not punks), and all of them claim to have either known famous mobsters or are direct descendents of famous mobsters (one cousin says his grandfather was Al Capone's bookkeeper). Yet, so far, I have not met ONE Italian American in Cleveland that would even come close to suggesting that there is a more rugged mafia presence here in the city (not that stereotypes are everything, however). Cleveland Italians blend in much better, IMO.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:17 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,906,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Italian? It's strange.....I have a lot of Italian relatives (not Italian myself) in Chicago and they act like the more stereotypical Guidos/Guidettes that you might see on Jersey Shore or in a mafia movie (but they're super nice and cool, not punks), and all of them claim to have either known famous mobsters or are direct descendents of famous mobsters (one cousin says his grandfather was Al Capone's bookkeeper). Yet, so far, I have not met ONE Italian American in Cleveland that would even come close to suggesting that there is a more rugged mafia presence here in the city (not that stereotypes are everything, however). Cleveland Italians blend in much better, IMO.
Where do you run into Guidos/Guidettes in Chicago?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland