Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 07:22 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,686,373 times

Advertisements

When keeping it real goes wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 07:56 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,440,830 times
I say both sides are wrong. She shouldn't have disrespected him by cussing him out, spiting on him and attacking him while he was driving. The driver doesn't help his case any by arguing with her before he delivered the punch by saying, "I'll get my daughter. I'll get my granddaughter to beat yo' a**". He should've just kicked her off the bus or called the Transit Police. Plus, he put not only himself at risk, but he is also put the passengers at risk because the girl could've had a weapon. People are saying it would've took 5 minutes for the Transit Police, but that 5-minute wait would've kept him his job. But now, a quick reaction has now put his job in jeopardy, in fact, will cost him his job.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:10 AM

372 posts, read 465,836 times
^ Yes, that is what the transit police are for.

I am still wondering why this thread was created, because I see it turning into something more than an incident that happened on the RTA. I have witnessed issues on the trains before (nothing like this), but certainly made you feel uncomfortable. I also experienced an issue last year on Charlotte's LYNX where two idiots started getting into an argument, and before you knew it, fists were being swung. Well, a few other passengers got mixed into the crossfire and it didn't leave a good impression.

I also look at stuff like this:

//www.city-data.com/forum/st-lo...metrolink.html

Old 10-13-2012, 08:59 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,551,196 times
He should be made Employee of the Year!!!
HR should use this a customer service Training Video.

A CEO Promotion is warranted.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:15 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,431,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
He should be made Employee of the Year!!!
HR should use this a customer service Training Video.

A CEO Promotion is warranted.
I agree lol.....I don't believe in a man hitting a woman...but she did not act like a woman! She got what she deserved. They both lost their cool.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:52 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,060,729 times
Don't start nothing, won't be nothing. Just before she got punched the expression on her
face was like if she was in a daze, she had to be either drunk or on drugs. I hope she doesn't
win any lawsuit in the near future, she isn't even entitled to an apology.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:28 PM

364 posts, read 715,602 times
Feminism!

Personally, I would not hit a female, but I also do not feel sorry at all for the woman in the video. I get tired of females acting the way she did in the video then pulling the "I'm a female, how dare you hit me" card. She got exactly what she paid for.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:16 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,837,624 times
Kinda looked staged to me. She pushed her head forward right before the punch.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:12 PM

364 posts, read 715,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
Kinda looked staged to me. She pushed her head forward right before the punch.
Funny how people claim everything caught on camera is staged. Judging by the sound of his fist connecting with her jaw, I HIGHLY doubt it was staged. It looked like she was trying to turn away because she realized that after he stopped the bus and got out of the seat, he meant business. I'm willing to bet she wasn't expecting him to do anything due to his age and the fact that he was in uniform and on duty.

And I just love how on the follow-up video with Shi'dea Lane (the uppercut survivor), the videos are edited to make the bus driver look like a monster and Lane the victim. As I said before, she got exactly what she ordered, with a side of punch.

Last edited by 13th Alphabet; 10-13-2012 at 11:30 PM..

Old 10-13-2012, 11:17 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,180,561 times
She deserved it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland