Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 10:50 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,017,508 times

Advertisements

I hope someone starts a boycott today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 04:54 PM

220 posts, read 321,645 times
Um could you elaborate on who this bus driver is? Why he got fired?

Or are you talking about the one who uppercutted that women on the RTA?

Old 11-06-2012, 05:32 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,172,111 times
Yeah, he is. As expected, he was fired. I don't get why people would be surprised by that.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:05 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,182,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Yeah, he is. As expected, he was fired. I don't get why people would be surprised by that.
Because obviously it was a fair fight and he had to defend himself before getting slaughtered!

Old 11-07-2012, 12:22 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,938,574 times
It will be easy for the bus driver to find another job in this economy - HOPE or is it FORWARD now? If not, he can get on the gravy train and have his cell phone covered as well.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:42 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,432,741 times
Initially I was all about the bus driver keeping his job, but the more I think about it, he was egging this lady on for a while, being pretty immature by anyone's standards, especially for a man his age. There were many better ways he could have diffused the situation, yet let it escalate and escalate. The lady's actions were reprehensible, but as the professional/employee in the situation, it should never have come to the uppercut. I think he should be fired, but not prosecuted criminally.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Initially I was all about the bus driver keeping his job, but the more I think about it, he was egging this lady on for a while, being pretty immature by anyone's standards, especially for a man his age. There were many better ways he could have diffused the situation, yet let it escalate and escalate. The lady's actions were reprehensible, but as the professional/employee in the situation, it should never have come to the uppercut. I think he should be fired, but not prosecuted criminally.
As a ''trained'' RTA ''professional", driver should have contacted RTA police immediately and let them handle the situation and remove Ms. Thang accordingly. However, given the caliber of RTA drivers, the reaction is not a surprise. When I used the RTA in past, I couldn't believe no one addressed the real problem there - the drivers and attendants at the Rapid Stations-"Excuse me, when does the next train arrive? Whatever time it get here!" The best was the Lorain Avenue 22 bus coming to a complete stop while the driver exited the bus, went into a fast food chicken joint, leaving the bus running, the doors open and returning 10 minutes or so later sipping a soft drink"...when asked what was up, driver response ''I got to take my break", meanwhile any riders missed their Rapid connection and may have had to ask the attendant when the next train is due. Also, at least in the past, be careful filing any complaints about these drivers when you have to include personal information about yourself. At the 98th Street station a sign was posted that if the PD newspapers continued to be stolen, the newspaper box was going to be removed. I enjoyed getting the PD there for the ride downtown so I didn't want the box removed. Next day or so after the warning sign was posted, I was pulling my paid-for newspaper from the box when a male voice behind was yelling ''wait, don't close that'' as an arm reached in and snatched a newspaper. Of course the thief was an RTA bus driver; filing a complaint only resulted in several life threatening phone calls in the middle of the night for me. So the driver's ghetto response by punching this annoying woman is not a surprise.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
I hope someone starts a boycott today
Philly cop lost his job for punching a woman at the Puerto Rican parade; why shouldn't this driver lose his job?

Old 11-07-2012, 03:34 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,172,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
If not, he can get on the gravy train and have his cell phone covered as well.
I doubt it. Not too many bus drivers are able to take advantage of corporate welfare.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
I doubt it. Not too many bus drivers are able to take advantage of corporate welfare.
By gravy train, I meant federal and state welfare programs because this driver is toast pushing 60 and having his career derailed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland