Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 08:11 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,316,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Nope, Andy. Not going there. Cincinnati and Chicago are not Cleveland. Cease and desist!
When are you going to tell Kamms to cease and desist? He's the one who always brings up Chicago in response to everything I say here. He obsessively follows me around like a lost puppy. You need to pay closer attention to what's really going on.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
From what I observe while reading this forum, you have just as much a problem discussing Cleveland without mentioning other cities as others supposedly have discussing yourself.
No city exists in a vacuum. Every city exists in the context of a wider world. There is absolutely no way around that. If you try to assess a city without comparisons, you end up with info that is totally useless.

Even saying something like "third-best orchestra in the world", or "second-largest theater district" is making an indirect comparison to other cities. It cannot be otherwise.

There are people in a related thread who are saying Cleveland equals Vienna. They're doing exactly what you accuse me of doing. Why are you not addressing them?

Old 12-22-2012, 09:10 PM

4,482 posts, read 6,236,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
Provide proof, please.
Google.

But just to be clear: Chicago's crime rate is down, except murder - which is up.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:19 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,449,561 times
Quote:
When are you going to tell Kamms to cease and desist? He's the one who always brings up Chicago in response to everything I say here. He obsessively follows me around like a lost puppy. You need to pay closer attention to what's really going on.
I'm just saying if you need to let out your emotional baggage/sort out any inferiority complexes, at least have it only relate to one city that isn't Cleveland. Two at a time is just unnecessary.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:07 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,943,051 times
Quote:
You appear to have an unhealthy obsession with me. Talk about issues!
Don't flatter yourself.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:57 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,277,333 times
Quote:
Not bashing. Just telling it like it is.

I've seen so much hyperbole (not to mention outright falsehoods) about Cleveland on this forum... I'm just trying to balance things out and keep it real. I don't want to see potential relocators be misled.
Oh, well thank you for your service. I have to assume that you have taken on that role in other cities' forums, as well?

The way you post on this forum is almost pathological.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:36 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,449,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
Oh, well thank you for your service. I have to assume that you have taken on that role in other cities' forums, as well?

The way you post on this forum is almost pathological.
Agreed, it's just straight weird. Makes me a little uncomfortable...

Old 01-03-2013, 11:40 AM

48 posts, read 93,656 times
I was born and raised in Chicago, but have lived in Cleveland for the past 8 years or so. If there was no career/employment considerations to factor in - Cleveland would be a no brainer. I have a great lifestyle in Cleveland and don't have a big salary -- I eat out every day, drive a luxury car that I can park anywhere, nice house in a good neighborhood by the lake. For day to day living, Cleveland blows Chicago out of the water. I could perhaps justify the cost of another city like SF compared to Cleveland, but Chicago? No way...

Old 01-03-2013, 12:26 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,943,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Rich View Post
I was born and raised in Chicago, but have lived in Cleveland for the past 8 years or so. If there was no career/employment considerations to factor in - Cleveland would be a no brainer. I have a great lifestyle in Cleveland and don't have a big salary -- I eat out every day, drive a luxury car that I can park anywhere, nice house in a good neighborhood by the lake. For day to day living, Cleveland blows Chicago out of the water. I could perhaps justify the cost of another city like SF compared to Cleveland, but Chicago? No way...
Agreed.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Rich View Post
Well, to each his own, I guess. I do hope you're not making the mistake of cherry-picking the best Cleveland has to offer and comparing it to the more "backward" parts of Chicago and ignoring the rest. Anyway, I have noticed that, from a cultural standpoint, Chicago gets movies that never make it to Cleveland, I can find different types of ethnic food here that I can't find there... the list goes on and on. You yourself mentioned "career/employment considerations" -- and that's a huge one for most people. Plus driving a car is now out of the question for me. I think I'll stick with the place that offers me the most options and total possibilities overall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland