Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 09:16 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,578,779 times

Advertisements

For what it's worth, I lived on Stillman for 3 years during law school and never had any problems outside of a little tension around Coventry and Cedar/Lee, and even that was uncommon (this was the pre-curfew years). It was certainly and is the most diverse community in region, with a little of everything, good and bad alke. Beyond what I said earlier, I should say I would recommend NOT living on Glenmont Rd. A small residential street by Coventry, it is not well paved (think inevitable car damage), and there are some bangers/wannabee bangers/thuggish teens in that area who have caused quite a few problems for my buddy who lives there. Just something to keep in mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 09:37 AM

3,413 posts, read 5,122,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post
For what it's worth, I lived on Stillman for 3 years during law school and never had any problems outside of a little tension around Coventry and Cedar/Lee, and even that was uncommon (this was the pre-curfew years). It was certainly and is the most diverse community in region, with a little of everything, good and bad alke. Beyond what I said earlier, I should say I would recommend NOT living on Glenmont Rd. A small residential street by Coventry, it is not well paved (think inevitable car damage), and there are some bangers/wannabee bangers/thuggish teens in that area who have caused quite a few problems for my buddy who lives there. Just something to keep in mind.
Yeah, that triangle formed by Coventry, Mayfield, and Superior is generally an area you want to stay away from, unfortunately. While it's close to Coventry, it's also right on the border of East Cleveland.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:22 PM

36 posts, read 191,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Well I am sure we have sufficiently scared away the OP...
Lol not scared, had no idea that this thread would blow up when I walked away after page 2!

I have browsed enough threads here to know to ignore certain agendas by some.

I'm really looking forward to exploring CH on foot. I'm flying into cle tomorrow for the next interview, but don't think I'll have time.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:09 PM

1 posts, read 666 times
I discovered this forum with plenty of people knowing Cleveland. I am considering buyinf single family houses in order to rent them.
I have been offered properties in 1480 MAPLE GROVE ROAD, 20600 MILLER AVENUE, 100 TUDOR AV,300 EAST 222 ST, 3900 NORTHAMPTON ROAD.
Is one neighborhood better than the other? Safe?
Thanks in advance for any help understanding the city.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:22 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,424,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKAMAURICE View Post
I discovered this forum with plenty of people knowing Cleveland. I am considering buyinf single family houses in order to rent them.
I have been offered properties in 1480 MAPLE GROVE ROAD, 20600 MILLER AVENUE, 100 TUDOR AV,300 EAST 222 ST, 3900 NORTHAMPTON ROAD.
Is one neighborhood better than the other? Safe?
Thanks in advance for any help understanding the city.
You should delete this post and start a new thread. At least one of those homes are not even close to Cleveland Heights (East 222 St. is in Euclid). Mention the cities when you post the addresses again.

The East 222nd St. location is close to good parks (muni ice rink and pool) and retail and very convenient to Route 2/I-90 and a good library, the high school, and the senior citizens center. The drawback would be the declining reputation of the city's school system. The demographics of the city have changed greatly in recent years. The city has a very tough building department/code for transfers and likely the highest muni income tax rate in Greater Cleveland (2.85 percent?). This address is close to Lakeshore Blvd. which typically has the best neighborhoods in Euclid.

//www.city-data.com/forum/cleve...clid-like.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: