Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 06:12 PM

629 posts, read 901,238 times

Advertisements

Everybody listen up, Cleveland is like Pittsburgh (except Cleveland has a lousy football team). Chicago, CAN be COMPARED to NYC. I've lived in both cities. They are BOTH world class cities. Cleveland is dead, period! Chicago and Cleveland are only similiar in regards to being lakefront cities, that's it. Saying otherwise is nuts. I'm from Pittsburgh, and believe me, I know the difference between my city and a WORLD class city like Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 05:32 AM

682 posts, read 1,578,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by welder View Post
Everybody listen up, Cleveland is like Pittsburgh (except Cleveland has a lousy football team). Chicago, CAN be COMPARED to NYC. I've lived in both cities. They are BOTH world class cities. Cleveland is dead, period! Chicago and Cleveland are only similiar in regards to being lakefront cities, that's it. Saying otherwise is nuts. I'm from Pittsburgh, and believe me, I know the difference between my city and a WORLD class city like Chicago.
I think it's ironic that you are admonishing everyone to "listen up" when virtually every post in here already points out, correctly, that Chicago is far larger and more vibrant than Cleveland.

"Comparing" Chicago to Cleveland is like comparing Cleveland to Scranton. They are much different in scale. But just because someone were to point out that Scranton has some of the same amenities as Cleveland (a nice, newer baseball stadium; restaurants, bars, diverse neighborhoods, etc.) that doesn't mean that they are equal in scale.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:28 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times
alexmarison,

I dont understand you at all. You must have no life, but you admitted that already. If you live in such a great and bustling city like Chicago, why do you have no social life? NOBODY hear is saying that Cleveland is better than Chicago or more diverse, why dont you understand that? Most of your points you are arguing nobody is disagreeing with and have already been resolved.

And where do you get that Cleveland is a "bible belt city"??? Cleveland is in no way-shape-or form, a bible belt city, and its not even close to the "bible belt area" do you even know what that term means? And Cleveland is miles ahead of almost every other midwest city in a lot of categories. Yes its dangerous, has its problems and all that, but there is many good things going on. Im here speaking as a person that has been to most areas of the US and live/visited in many other areas including most the major cities on the east coast and midwest, yes I know what Im talking about. Im here defending Cleveland, because you have no idea what your talking about. Your only purpose here is to bash Cleveland and make Chicago seem like the best place in the world. Talking about crime and bad areas, what about a lot of the southside and westside of Chicago? What about all the gangs that started there? and what about the fact that very recently they were thinking of getting the national guard because the city was getting too dangerous, and that Chicago is on its way to have more murders this year than any other city in the country? Im not here to bash Chicago, its a great city, but its no paradise either.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:25 PM

4,649 posts, read 4,970,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmarison View Post
(that list was exhaustive, btw)

i have driven an ice cream truck all over the entire metro area - city and near suburbs - scouring every block for a decent area to sell in, that wasn't already taken: with my truck i drove all through Shaker; warrensville; cleveland heights; the eastern border of the city; and every block of the entire west-side of the city; Parma; Middleburg; Independence; Seven Hills; Olmsted Falls; Lakewood; etc. - i finally setled in Rocky River.
Ice cream trucks are illegal in Lakewood and have been for a long, long time, guy.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:52 AM

15 posts, read 35,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Ice cream trucks are illegal in Lakewood and have been for a long, long time, guy.
So I've heard.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:30 AM

1,071 posts, read 4,451,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
the city itself is in bad shape.. they need to concentrate on the schools and the crime...#7 on the most dangerous list is nothing to be proud of .. we could be the next detroit or st. louis..
unfortunately, you're already there.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:41 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,984,887 times
at least i am only here 8 months of the year.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:49 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMikey617 View Post
Cleveland compared to Chicago ??? There's no comparing the two... MOVE TO CHICAGO.

Absolutely no way Cleveland compares to Chicago in any way. Apples and oranges.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:16 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,984,887 times
apples and oranges?? no way apples and plums!! cleveland is a plum

Old 09-23-2008, 02:11 PM

60 posts, read 152,834 times
I'm in my late 20s and I live downtown on West 9th. Everyone I know there wishes there were more nightlife options. Its basically only West 6th St and East 4th St for some upscale bars/clubs. How many times can one go out to the same 2 streets?!
In Chicago on the other hand..

I think the younger crowd is just kind of bored in the city, especially minorities like myself (I'm Asian)

(Though one benefit of this is that one can easily meet someone new by asking "Didnt I just see you here last weekend?")
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland