Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 06:33 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,389,515 times

Advertisements

Five most miserable sports cities in America | General Sports

Being a big Cleveland sports fan and PSL owner, I can't argue with Cleveland being on list. I just question the #3 spot...I think Cleveland should be THE most miserable sports city on the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 09:50 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,966,998 times
"It's hard to feel bad for people that live in San Diego with their perfect weather all year long, beaches, and world famous zoo."

Should have stopped there. San Diego belongs nowhere near this list.

Kansas City, particularly because of the Belcher thing, I'm OK with, just for this year at least.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:01 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,577,681 times
Easily number 1. The heartbreak here the last 50 years is without peer.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:05 AM

I was just thinking, the Indians Francona is the longest tenured coach at the moment of the 3 Cleveland sports teams with 16 games under his belt.
The Cavs just finished with one of the worst records in the NBA and may consider hiring the coach that was replaced by Byron Scott. The optimism of the Tribe after alot of off season moves seems to have wained. Cleveland is a football town and many fans feel very positive with the coaching changes and free agency pickups but now we find out our new owner is being investigated by the Feds. Tell me I am just reading a fiction novel..

Old 04-21-2013, 11:21 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,297,782 times
How is Cleveland not number one? We need to be given a permanent position at the top of this list. At least other cities' teams have ups and downs.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:00 PM

182 posts, read 272,723 times
just 5 years ago, we came within one game of being in the World Series...true, the Browns have been in only one playoff game since 1994, and they lost that lobe game. But the Indians have been in many many playoff games in the same period of time, an d have won many of them. The sports solution may be to start ignoring the horrible Browns and Cavs, and take a look at baseball, which is at least mediocre here [even last years Indians were about
70 wins-90 losses.....that would translate into a Browns record of 7-9, which would make most Browns' fans ecstatic with hope]....and be thankful we have these pro teams...i try to enjoy the game, win or lose, and not get my ego into it....when the Browns win, it does not mean that "we" or "me wins...they are paid professional athletes. They and their owners care nothing for me or this city. So in return, they get no "loyalty" from me.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess.ess.ess.esq. View Post
just 5 years ago, we came within one game of being in the World Series...true, the Browns have been in only one playoff game since 1994, and they lost that lobe game. But the Indians have been in many many playoff games in the same period of time, an d have won many of them. The sports solution may be to start ignoring the horrible Browns and Cavs, and take a look at baseball, which is at least mediocre here [even last years Indians were about
70 wins-90 losses.....that would translate into a Browns record of 7-9, which would make most Browns' fans ecstatic with hope]....and be thankful we have these pro teams...i try to enjoy the game, win or lose, and not get my ego into it....when the Browns win, it does not mean that "we" or "me wins...they are paid professional athletes. They and their owners care nothing for me or this city. So in return, they get no "loyalty" from me.
'The sports solution...'? Sounds like you might be young 'un. Any Cleveland fan that is in their 40s+ can not spin a rosy picture. We all remember the fumble, drive, shot, red right 88, Jose Mesa wild pitch too well.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:30 PM

41,939 posts, read 75,137,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
I was just thinking, the Indians Francona is the longest tenured coach at the moment of the 3 Cleveland sports teams with 16 games under his belt.
When you think of it that way ...

Old 04-28-2013, 12:17 PM

182 posts, read 272,723 times
Hahahaha! Good one there, about Terry Francona...then again, Terry also lived in Cleveland and was a Tribe fan from 1959 to 1964, when his dad Tito was about the best slugger we had, after Rocky was sent away....[Daddy Wags was pretty good, too, back then....]....Terry also played with the Indians in the late 1980s and then worked in the office a few years after that....the Cavs and Browns never had a former player of their team as coach, did they?

Old 04-28-2013, 04:30 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,372,371 times
think about this for a minute... we have never won a super bowl , never even been there,(47yrs of waiting). we have never won an NBA champianship since the Cavs entered the league in 1970 (43yrs of waiting). our last word series champianship was 1948 (64yrs ago). thats 154 combined seasons of losing !!! to put it another way , any cleveland fan of the nfl,nba or mlb has to be 65yrs old or older to have lived during our last champianship in any of the big three sports !!! i think there is a comic strip in the newspaper about cleveland fans.,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland