Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 11:17 AM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher23 View Post
Well Sheena unlike other people that complain about the winters here in N.E OH and continue to stay here, i actually am planning to move down there this FALL thank you very much. The weather that we have been having these past couple days have been complete bliss for me, i love the heat and sunny skies. Some people hate this type of weather and prefer the winter, do i badger them for their opinions? No, but it has been 3 months since i posted this thread when the weather was crappy, now i'm quite content and will not complain. I would prefer this type of weather for 6-7 months straight as compared to the cold and cloudy skies anyday! But i also suffer from severe SAD in the winter, so its almost toxic for me in the winters here.
BTW you are more than welcome to buy me that 1 way ticket, it would definately save me some money

I actually have a seasonal affective disorder (SAD) myself. But I love the change of seasons. My solution is to go to a sunnier climate frequently, in the months of January and February.

So we have the same disorder, and you have my sympathies. SAD sucks.

However, constantly challenging people to defend a place that they live and love, and putting that place down, also sucks.
For the people who have to listen to a place that they love being trashed and challenged.

I am glad that you are moving and not just staying here to complain. A wise choice.

I actually LIKE days like today, when there is a storm brewing. Constant and unrelenting sunshine also is depressing. A summer any hotter than this would also be depressing, because I'd be house bound because I have a low tolerance for humidity and heat.

I'd really miss the changing of the seasons. I can't imagine a 90 degree Halloween or no Autumn leaves and no Spring flowers. It would be hellish.

So I also have SAD. I deal with it differently and I don't blame an entire geographical area for my illness. I just make some adjustments in my life style.

I really like nothing about the South - except their weather in late Winter.

If you really need a ticket, I am true to my word - send me a DM. But I hope you don't mind Trailways!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 09:46 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,653,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
You do realize that most places are going to be more expensive than Cleveland, including Arizona, right?

Enjoy your triple digit paradise. I hear it's a dry heat, so it only feels like 110 instead of 115.
Arizona - the 10th circle of hell. The devil left though, it was too hot.

Florida - like living with a wet woolen blanket over your head.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:46 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,799,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I actually have a seasonal affective disorder (SAD) myself. But I love the change of seasons. My solution is to go to a sunnier climate frequently, in the months of January and February.

So we have the same disorder, and you have my sympathies. SAD sucks.

However, constantly challenging people to defend a place that they live and love, and putting that place down, also sucks.
For the people who have to listen to a place that they love being trashed and challenged.

I am glad that you are moving and not just staying here to complain. A wise choice.

I actually LIKE days like today, when there is a storm brewing. Constant and unrelenting sunshine also is depressing. A summer any hotter than this would also be depressing, because I'd be house bound because I have a low tolerance for humidity and heat.

I'd really miss the changing of the seasons. I can't imagine a 90 degree Halloween or no Autumn leaves and no Spring flowers. It would be hellish.

So I also have SAD. I deal with it differently and I don't blame an entire geographical area for my illness. I just make some adjustments in my life style.

I really like nothing about the South- except their weather in late Winter.

If you really need a ticket, I am true to my word - send me a DM. But I hope you don't mind Trailways!
Read the bolded sentences. If you don't like people putting down Ohio, then why do you frequently do the same to others? You love where you live. So do other people. If you really believe what you said above, then take your own advice. It was good.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:40 AM

440 posts, read 595,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Read the bolded sentences. If you don't like people putting down Ohio, then why do you frequently do the same to others? You love where you live. So do other people. If you really believe what you said above, then take your own advice. It was good.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Old 07-17-2013, 10:28 AM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Quote:

This is an OHIO forum, emkay? I am not posting on a forum about North Carolina.
My advice is always good. You should take some of it.

I don't crap where I live. If you move to Ohio, you'd better hold you self to the same standard. You can however say what you wish about NC. Trash it all you want. I don't live there and never will.

Planning to move to Ohio? If not then, why are you here, to leave little notes to me? I think I received another. I'll do what I always do. Take my advice. STOP IT and leave me alone!

"i like a man who takes pride in where he lives"
Abraham Lincoln

Old 07-17-2013, 11:12 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,050,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher23 View Post
Well Sheena unlike other people that complain about the winters here in N.E OH and continue to stay here, i actually am planning to move down there this FALL thank you very much. The weather that we have been having these past couple days have been complete bliss for me, i love the heat and sunny skies. Some people hate this type of weather and prefer the winter, do i badger them for their opinions? No, but it has been 3 months since i posted this thread when the weather was crappy, now i'm quite content and will not complain. I would prefer this type of weather for 6-7 months straight as compared to the cold and cloudy skies anyday! But i also suffer from severe SAD in the winter, so its almost toxic for me in the winters here.
BTW you are more than welcome to buy me that 1 way ticket, it would definately save me some money
Florida has proven over and over recently just how horrible of a state it is. More sunshine is just not worth the hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, excessive heat and humidity, alligators, bugs, rampant sprawl designed for retirees, annoying tourists, Disney, racism, government corruption/conservatism, ridiculous laws and vigilanteism. Ohio has problems like any other state, but Florida is in a whole other universe of suck.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:35 AM

Getting to feel that way about the South in general.

I'd like to find a place to run off in the winter but everyplace I can think of is either too insane and dangerous or too expensive to get to or live in.

My job is portable.

I love Ohio though, and I'd never move permanently.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:47 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,799,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
This is an OHIO forum, emkay? I am not posting on a forum about North Carolina.
My advice is always good. You should take some of it.

I don't crap where I live. If you move to Ohio, you'd better hold you self to the same standard. You can however say what you wish about NC. Trash it all you want. I don't live there and never will.

Planning to move to Ohio? If not then, why are you here, to leave little notes to me? I think I received another. I'll do what I always do. Take my advice. STOP IT and leave me alone!

"i like a man who takes pride in where he lives"
Abraham Lincoln
What in the world are you talking about? I've never left you any "notes". I don't DM people on C-D, yourself included. And I don't care what forum this is. I can express my opinion on any forum I choose as can you.

You post relentlessly about the choices others make in their choice of locales. And you then slam anyone who has an opinion about where you live? Clearly you expect others to do as you say not as you do.

"The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception" - Andre Gide

Old 07-17-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
What in the world are you talking about? I've never left you any "notes". I don't DM people on C-D, yourself included. And I don't care what forum this is. I can express my opinion on any forum I choose as can you.

You post relentlessly about the choices others make in their choice of locales. And you then slam anyone who has an opinion about where you live? Clearly you expect others to do as you say not as you do.

"The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception" - Andre Gide

Are you moving to OHIO? Or are you trolling?

No one here is moving to North Carolina. The 12 circle of hell. Or are you here to annoy the lady?

We who live in Ohio, do not "love the South". Get it? She was very clear - she has no intention of moving to your state, but was responding to a malcontent who want Tampa.

Put down Ohio all you want - on your home state thread. I won't see it. I too have no interest in the South. None.

There is nothing "hypocritical" about preferring where you live over another region.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:08 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,434,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Florida has proven over and over recently just how horrible of a state it is. More sunshine is just not worth the hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, excessive heat and humidity, alligators, bugs, rampant sprawl designed for retirees, annoying tourists, Disney, racism, government corruption/conservatism, ridiculous laws and vigilanteism. Ohio has problems like any other state, but Florida is in a whole other universe of suck.
I would NEVER EVER EVER consider moving to Florida. People look at Miami and think that the whole state is a huge beach party. Could not be farther from the truth. Florida is probably the most backwards place in the country, not even by a small margin. It really takes the cake.

If you wanna move to Florida, then move to Florida. If you don't like Ohio, then leave Ohio. I can't stand the constant complaining. Put up or shut up.

Note, it would be different if people complained about specific things in Ohio, like the government's policies, the urban design, whatever. But obsessively kvetching about a freaking gray cloud or a snowflake is just terrible. Some of you people must have sad, sad, sad, tragic, depressing, lonely lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland