Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2013, 09:40 PM

233 posts, read 454,950 times

Advertisements

While I was at the barbershop downtown a guy that works with special effects on the film told me a unique reason on why Cleveland was chosen for the film instead of D.C . One reason isnt surprising dealing with the two cities having similar architecture and of course tax credits. I just didnt know that no movie is allowed to do explosions in Washington D.C anymore so that led to them coming here.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 12:17 PM

220 posts, read 321,855 times
hmm that is interesting, but regardless im really excited about the film. Yesterday they were filming on East 6th street and downtown just seemed so lively, people everywhere, a lot of traffic. Hopefully this stuff keeps up.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:07 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,489,068 times
I am sure this will stop in a couple of years when the state realizes these tax credits are a losing proposition and fail everywhere. I for one hope this is the last summer we pi$$ away taxpayer funds for millionaires who employ mostly out of state workers.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:15 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,445,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
I am sure this will stop in a couple of years when the state realizes these tax credits are a losing proposition and fail everywhere. I for one hope this is the last summer we pi$$ away taxpayer funds for millionaires who employ mostly out of state workers.
Those millionaires sure do drop some serious coin at local watering holes and restaurants though.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:31 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,835,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedRustbelt View Post
Yesterday they were filming on East 6th street and downtown just seemed so lively, people everywhere, a lot of traffic.
What percentage were paid extras though?

Old 05-28-2013, 12:09 PM

220 posts, read 321,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L2DB View Post
What percentage were paid extras though?
To me, wether or not a person is an extra is irrelevant. It was the fact that people were downtown, especially all the onlookers on the sidelines. I mean who is to say that they didn't stop somewhere to eat downtown or something?

Plus it couldn't have been all extras since there was traffic all over downtown proper. (When I commented before they were only filming on East 6th)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: