Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 07:53 AM

107 posts, read 147,339 times

Advertisements

I might be too late, but I'd check out the Cedar/Fairmount neighborhood of Cleveland Heights too. From there it would be an easy trip (by bike, foot, car, or bus) down the hill to the Clinic, you're close the the market, restaurants, and bakeries at Cedar Fairmount, and it's a quick walk or bike ride to Coventry, Little Italy, Shaker Square, or the Shaker Lakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,594 times
My husband is moving to Cleveland to work for Cleveland clinic main campus. I have three boys two of them at college, and one who will finish school soon here in Dallas and after that I will move with him. I know this is a hard situation for us and we have a home here in Dallas that we need to sell before we can buy there. I am very sad that I can not move with him and want my husband to be in a very nice hip, new upscale apartment so that he is socially connected and not lonely, I also want my kids to visit him and me while we spend all our vacations with Dad in Cleveland. Please recommend a good place to rent 2-3 bedrooms that we would love to live in, which is close to main campus so he is safe, and would not be so lonely without us.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:19 PM

3,412 posts, read 5,120,782 times
Most of the hip locations are not new, and most of the new locations are not hip. I would probably recommend Lakewood for what you're looking for. Shaker Heights is more posh and less hip, Cleveland Heights is hip but on the grittier side. Tremont and Ohio City might be nice, but they seem to appeal more to the younger crowd. I think Lakewood is going to be your best bet. It's an older suburb, with lots of hip, quirky hang-out spots, and hip-quirky people. There's a train that runs from there to University Circle as well.

Downtown might also be an option, and it's also closer to the clinic, with more transportation options (Healthline BRT would be excellent for your purposes). Look into that as well.

Last edited by Cleverfield; 06-16-2013 at 04:35 PM..

Old 06-17-2013, 06:32 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,834,767 times
Where he lives will have little, if anything, to do with how social he's going to be. I'd recommend CH over SH or Lakewood and I think he's probably better off renting a house than being in an apartment. The rents arent' going to be very different and depending on your husband's personality, houses are going to let him connect better with established people closer to his in age and not fesh out of college young adults.

Rent a house, take walks in the neighborhood, go to local coffee shops and restaurants, join clubs, etc. If you can find a place within walking distance of the good part of Lee, that'd be a plus as Lee skews older than Coventry, but anywhere within a 5 or 10 minute drive would be fine, IMO.

Shaker is a bit more family-oriented and Lakewood is a bit farther (iirc) commute.

Old 08-14-2013, 02:38 PM

2 posts, read 3,335 times
Hi, I'm also from Manhattan. I've been in Cleveland for a year, and am moving back to NY next month.

I definitely recommend University Circle. I didn't know how to drive when I first moved here, and the Health Line stops right in front of the Uptown Cleveland apartments and drops off right on the Cleveland Clinic campus. Also, there's a grocery store, Starbucks and B&N in the building. Plus, the museums, Severance Hall, and several green spaces are all in walking distance.

Check out: Sunny and Beautiful - Case/UH/Clinic/Museums/Severance Hall - $1720

Old 08-14-2013, 07:30 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,311,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsf1227 View Post
$1720 -- for a one-bedroom? In Cleveland?! Are Clevelanders ready for that sort of price point? Heck, my rent in Chicago is cheaper than that for a full-amenity building in a great part of town. (Although I can see how a New Yorker would regard it as dirt cheap.)

Old 08-14-2013, 09:35 PM

3,412 posts, read 5,120,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
$1720 -- for a one-bedroom? In Cleveland?! Are Clevelanders ready for that sort of price point? Heck, my rent in Chicago is cheaper than that for a full-amenity building in a great part of town. (Although I can see how a New Yorker would regard it as dirt cheap.)
My friend tried to get an apartment in uptown, there was only 1 studio apartment left for like 1250 or something. Guess there is a market for it here.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:59 AM

5 posts, read 4,995 times
i live in cleveland,ohio. i'm in what used to be until about 5 years ago an area that was nice not a lot of crime.THENNNN things changed. i'm on the far west side. we (meaning my house) has had 1 confirmed home invasion and almost a second one a few weeks ago. there is a web site that can show you the reported crimes in any radius you want. i found it after the first time. ALSO do NOT fall for people that appear to be delivery men or people taking census, or another type of transaction that are carrying a clip board with them!. it is a ruse,to get you to turn the alarm off and open the door for them. they will then push through into your house. of course not all are fakes but use common sense and listen to your gut instinct about the people that come to your door. here is the link. http://spotcrime.com/crimealert
This is from my own inbox so i have cut off the part of the adr that would give my approximate location. just put in the adr of the area you wish to check on. it will show you what crime happened at what adrs. with google earth images of the adr. there are about 30-40 break-ins with-in 5 miles of my street on any given day.

Last edited by Ceridwen_9; 03-20-2014 at 08:24 AM.. Reason: not awake lol- left out some words
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland