Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 01:27 PM

16,548 posts, read 19,694,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeinlimbo View Post
Also, could you tell me a bit about the cleveland rec centers? Do you need to live in a particular city/town to use it or can you use any? Seems like a nice amenity. My kids love to swim and that would help pass the winter time.
Well, when you say CLEVELAND rec centers, we think you mean CLEVELAND, CITY OF. You are really asking about suburban ones and they are all different.
Cleveland is much more open about it then most suburbs. Cleveland does not charge anything for residents to use the Rec Centers. FREE. As it should be.

Which is why I have to smirk when people say "We have awesome city services in *insert suburb here*."
For all it's problems, Cleveland offers almost all the same services and some times even better ones.

To be fair: there really aren't many suburbs here that have poor city services.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 02:07 PM

372 posts, read 593,506 times
Perigrine-- Having said that in my last few post about city services I feel compelled to clarify that I'm making comparisons to my cleveland suburb to cities I've lived in in other states. We had much less in the way of city services in my suburb of Nashvile than what we have now in Rocky River. But you are right-- seems like all the suburbs around cleveland have comparable services which is probably what the op needs to know anyway so I'll stop rambling on now......

Old 08-02-2013, 06:47 PM

5 posts, read 5,837 times
It does seem to me that the suburbs are very comparable which is nice. I am use to having to live here or there to get good schools and amenities. I am use to paying $600 for 10 weeks of summer pool usage. Nothing comes free in PA.

We are receiving an education in property taxes. Hubby was discouraged at the high (compared to us) taxes. It seems like in order to afford a decent house we need to live in Madina County. We are scaling back on our housing planning on me not working for a year post move, worst case scenario.

Looks like commute will be 30-40 minutes but I guess that is the price you pay. I am looking at Strongsville and Wadsworth more closely. One nicer than the other?

I am way nervous about moving! I am just taking it one day at a time.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:51 PM

220 posts, read 321,913 times
As a Strongsville resident I'll chime in here

our schools are rated with excellence (as a recent high school graduate I can attest to that) and the rec center is fantastic (although you will have to pay for membership, but its not that expensive), and I know for a fact that our High school swim team is good too.

In regards to commute I'd say 25 mins, that is if you avoid the mall (South Park) traffic like I do.

Also about every neighborhood in Strongsville is safe and family friendly so no worries there.

Good Luck

Old 08-08-2013, 10:26 PM

2 posts, read 4,084 times
Default Consider Moving

to North Royalton. It is an excellent community
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland