Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2007, 06:19 AM

4 posts, read 13,286 times

Advertisements

My husband is being xfrd to the Cleveland area. His home store will be in Macedonia but he will be traveling every where from Mansfield to Erie, PA.
I will more than likely be xfr'ing with my job to Garfield Heights.

We have two kids so school systems are pretty much the deciding factor as to where we are going to move. Our budget is about 200k, if possible, less.

Also, does anyone know of a good gym for Youth Cheerleading, either competitive or non-competetive. I don't want to travel 2+ hours every weekend for a competition, mostly local competitions- and nothing too pricey.

We are also looking for a Pee-Wee Football team with cheerleaders.

Any info you can give on schools, areas, and cheerleading would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 08:54 PM

302 posts, read 1,100,770 times
Default southern cuyahoga

Check out N.Royalton, Broadview Heights, Independence, Valley View, or Brecksville in Cuyahoga. All have great schools, are really safe, and are close to Garfield Hts, and Macedonia. You could also try Boston, Richfield, or Macedonia too. All of these cities have new and old houses that vary in price. Avoid living in Garfield or Maple Hts, they were nice cities back in the day, but slowly their going down hill.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:20 AM

4 posts, read 13,286 times
Do you know of any decent gyms in the area for cheerleading, or pee wee football teams?

My google searches have brought up Strongsville and Medina - I know Strongsville is a nice area, how about Medina?

Old 11-15-2007, 02:49 PM

Default gym

I'm not sure about a gym for cheerleading, but the Brecksville-Broadview Heights gymnastic teams trains at a place in Broadview Hts i believe, its right on the border between the two cities. The team as a running record of being state champions.
As for football teams with cheerleaders i really have no clue. I know of a league in the general area, not too sure how good it is.
Medina is a good place. It was once considered the "country", but now in the last 10 years or so, its become totally built up. You could live there and make the drive everyday, but I really wouldn't suggest it. Strongsville is somewhat far away, but relatively closer, you'll still have over 30 minute drive getting to Garfield, and probably 40-45 minute drive on rt. 82 to Macedonia.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:24 PM

4 posts, read 7,316 times
I'm really interested in Independence, Seven Hills and Macedonia.
I don't mind drive 1/2 hr for cheerleading, I do that in Toledo ;-)

How bad are the winters in those areas? All I hear about is the lake effect and it's starting to scare me. I'm originally from Florida so winter is not my thing...

Thanks for all your help.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:19 PM

The winters can get pretty cold in Cleveland. I'm not too fond of cold weather, so I really don't like Ohio that much. Snow wise, the east side will get hit the worst, then it will lessen the more west you go. City wise, I'd say that Seven Hills would get the most snow out of Independence or Macedonia. I'd really say for West Side Suburbs, Seven Hills, Brecksville and especially Broadview Heights gets the most snow. There are times however where the snow can get really bad where ever you live, like this past winter there was a horrible snow fall which I had to drive through to get to Bay Village on the far west side, and it was really bad there too, but a rule of thumb usually goes that snow will be bad on the east side, and lessen the further west you go.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:41 PM

30 posts, read 84,416 times
Default where is the rock and roll hall of fame

where woiuld be a good place to look for homes or apts around the hall of fame? Our kids are grown so we don't care about schools. Affordable housing, safe area, close to the hall of fame is about all i am looking for at the moment. Thanks so much

Old 07-18-2009, 12:05 AM

6 posts, read 16,900 times
Nordonia schools are still up and coming. I'd go for Twinsburg, Solon, Bainbridge, or Aurora. Twinsburg will be the most reasonably priced. All have excellent schools. Independence has great schools too. I grew up in Seven Hills and love it, however, children go to Parma schools which rarely pass a levy. All of Northeastern Ohio gets slammed with snow, though it will be worse by me in Bainbridge/Aurora.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:58 PM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginamarie88 View Post
where woiuld be a good place to look for homes or apts around the hall of fame? Our kids are grown so we don't care about schools. Affordable housing, safe area, close to the hall of fame is about all i am looking for at the moment. Thanks so much
Do you want to be in walking distance?

That's something a lot of folks from larger cities don't get: nothing takes a longtime to get to. I live on the Western most edge of Cleveland, 22 miles from the HoF. I can be there in 15 minutes.
Some cities, like LA or Chicage may take an hour or mre to get from one side to the other. In Cleveland.... you can ALMOST be in 2 different states in 1 hour (PA or MI).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: