Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 11:34 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,352,238 times

Advertisements

Indians have about 5 million people to draw from in 13 NE Ohio counties alone. More than most teams have. Indians are in no danger of relocating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 12:44 PM

16,451 posts, read 19,466,184 times
I was going to again debate whether or not Cleveland "gets" Baseball until I saw yet another "They are going to relocate"... yea... these people are clueless...

Old 09-11-2013, 10:57 PM

4,465 posts, read 5,013,574 times
The Indians, in their last 3 games, have drawn (approx) 9,000, 12,000 and 12,000 in their last 3 home games, despite the fact that there are only 17 games left (in a 162-game season) and we're only 1.5 games out of a Wild Card playoff spot. We are near dead last I MLB attendance. I don't begrudge the Browns (I love them myself), this is a pro football town in a football-loving region in a nation that loves the NFL way more than the other sports. And yes, I know Cleveland, despite a growing downtown and a number of hipster neighborhoods, is still hurting badly economically... Still, I'm mystified as to how deep the distrust and/or disinterest there is towards the Indians by the locals these days. We've got a good team led by a championship-winning manager (how often can ANY Cleveland sports team say that!?). I've been to a couple games this summer (both losses) and had a great time. It's a great experience in a great part of town -- plenty of lively bars and restaurants to hang around in before and after the game downtown.

Come on People, Show the Tribe some Love!!!!

Old 09-12-2013, 02:18 AM

77 posts, read 178,458 times
There's only 8 football games, where there 10x that for baseball.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:57 AM

Bottom line: I will bet any one person here $25 that the Indians do NOT make the playoffs.
Any takers?
This is why we don't support the team even when it gets exciting. We are tired of having our hearts broken and the Indians EXCEL AT THAT! We con't BELIEVE anymore. This is no longer BELIEVELAND.

The Indians are still 2 or 3 players away from being THAT team.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:29 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,824,616 times
What do you define as playoffs? If they make the play in game?

I'm assuming a tie for the 2nd wild-card spot and losing the tie-breaker game wouldn't count?

Old 09-12-2013, 08:57 PM

3,961 posts, read 5,701,224 times
I'd really like to help you guys out when I visit the Cleve next week by sitting in an Indian's game but darn it they happen to be on the road in Kansas City while I'm there. That's the one team I truly root for these years. Oh well, at least I promise to load up on Tribe knick knacks to bring home.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:03 PM

4,465 posts, read 5,013,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Bottom line: I will bet any one person here $25 that the Indians do NOT make the playoffs.
Any takers?
This is why we don't support the team even when it gets exciting. We are tired of having our hearts broken and the Indians EXCEL AT THAT! We con't BELIEVE anymore. This is no longer BELIEVELAND.

The Indians are still 2 or 3 players away from being THAT team.
With all due respect, that loser thinking. I can't stand the Dolans, but they actually opened their wallets this season and brought in some talent, most importantly landing Francona, a championship, cerebral manager who knows who to get the best out of his players (look Ubaldo Jimenez, who was a train wreck last year, now a key cog in the rotation, who has struck out 10 batters in 3 of his last 4 starts). Almost half the team are new faces. How can you blame them on what Jose Mesa did 16 years ago; or what Eric Wedge and the boys did in choking away a 3-1 pennant series to the Sawks 6 years ago?

You stay home when an owner gives you crap year in and year out... Like the Browns. It does **** me off that fans line up like lemmings for a wealthy franchise that has given fans zilcho in 15 years of "returning" to Cleveland... But for fans to stay home en masse, with the team drawing 9,000 in the heat of a playoff chase with weeks left in the season, is crybaby territory.

Your type of thinking is totally unhealthy and the type (which appears widespread given the empty seats) that will lead to Dolan pulling the plug on Cleveland. Would that break your heart even more?

Old 09-13-2013, 02:22 AM

368 posts, read 635,854 times
the indians wont relocate..major league baseball has an anti trust exemption which is really un american if you think about it,th e pittsburgh pirates have had horrible attendance their entire history,in 1979 they won the world series and their attendance stunk, i think maybe in 15 years or so the indians might play 30 or so games in columbus but never relocate unless congress lifts the anti trust exemption.i lived in cincinnati and thats a baseball town,even when the indians were great in the late 90's cleveland never had the passion for baseball like cincinnati.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2DB View Post
What do you define as playoffs? If they make the play in game?

I'm assuming a tie for the 2nd wild-card spot and losing the tie-breaker game wouldn't count?
O no that totally counts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland