Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 07:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,816 times

Advertisements

Cleveland Heights is the most convenient suburb to the Clinic. From the western edges you can walk, ride a bike, or take public transit to the Clinic. The top of Cedar Hill has a lot of Clinic and Case staff and graduate students. There are a lot of beautiful old apartment buildings along Euclid Heights Blvd, west of Coventry; also on Hampshire and Mayfield. Coventry is a vibrant neighborhood, a bit funky, lots of restaurants and small shops. Public transit to the Clinic is especially good along Mayfield road. Cleveland Heights relocation service web site: The City of Cleveland Heights (http://www.clevelandheights.com/relocation_rentals.asp - broken link)

If you want to avoid paying income tax in 2 cities, the area around Shaker Square (which is in Cleveland, not in Shaker Hts), is a possibility.

To the nurse in the UK: Cleveland Heights is very family-friendly. The public schools are good (though many, who mostly have not stepped foot in one, bash them).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 04:01 AM

5 posts, read 25,666 times
Default moveing to clevlen

How is it workin as a cna out here?

Old 08-31-2010, 06:21 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,284,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbprincess View Post
How is it workin as a cna out here?
I think you're in the right city -- between Cleveland Clinic, University Hospitals, MetroHealth -- you should have a pretty easy time finding a job if qualified enough.

All three have been hiring like crazy, even throughout this recession, especially the Cleveland Clinic.

How is it to work here? Well, you'll be in a huge healthcare sector of the country, so there is a "culture" here in a way.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:29 PM

6 posts, read 5,597 times
Default Tremont

Tremont is a real "hip" or ? neighborhood that I a former employee of the Cleveland Clinic lived in on a temp basis with a former gf. Lots of good "hole in the wall" spots with good food-drink-etc -also views of the river and whatever city that lies below [as Tremont is elevated somewhat] . Oh and PLENTY of churches [i was married in the Greek one!] as also the festivals that the churches put on regularly [esp the Greek ones!] Check this area out its real nearby to the Clinic though I wouldnt think of biking it or anything less than a reliable car as the rest of the city except maybe Coventry[which may be in Cleve hts?] is DANGEROUS -so remember -and have fun!

Old 06-06-2012, 08:36 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,176,348 times
A.) Tremont is not "real nearby" the Clinic -- at all. It's easily 5-6 miles away.

B.) The rest of the city is FAR from dangerous.

C.) I and many other people bike through Tremont, Ohio City, Downtown, etc. all of the time.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:27 AM

553 posts, read 1,208,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neela View Post
Has anyone heard anything about Stonebridge Plaza? Is it too far from averything fun?
My brother lived there. He liked it. He was single and in his 30's. He liked being close to everything downtown. He liked being able to walk less than 2 blocks and be at a bar or a strip club. He did not mind being in an area that can get pretty wild and loud on the weekends because he liked being part of it. He liked the secure parking that the building offered. He liked the cool views of the river from his apartment.

He did not like the weekend riff rafff that comes from being so close to an urban party area. He did not like the feeling of urban danger on a weeknight when the area was empty and isolated. He did not like the funky layout of his apartment that had long narrow hallways and a bedroom too close to the exterior wall lining the apartment building hallway. He did not like having a few Section 8 neighbors in the building.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:03 PM

16 posts, read 34,219 times
section 8 is allowed in stoneridge? I would be surprised by that. I do agree that the layout is funky. I toured one of their one bedroom apartments last month and I felt the same way. It seemed more like a hotel layout where all the rooms were really close together along a narrow hallway and I didn't understand why the bathroom is the first room when you enter the unit. thats just me though LOL

Old 06-23-2012, 01:31 PM

553 posts, read 1,208,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dell2541 View Post
section 8 is allowed in stoneridge? I would be surprised by that. I do agree that the layout is funky. I toured one of their one bedroom apartments last month and I felt the same way. It seemed more like a hotel layout where all the rooms were really close together along a narrow hallway and I didn't understand why the bathroom is the first room when you enter the unit. thats just me though LOL
Section 8 tenants surprised him, too.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:17 AM

6 posts, read 5,597 times
Tremont to Cleveland Clinic via 490=2.9 miles . I also repeat Watch Out as anybody who tells you Cleveland's "Safe" only can say that as they must possess the ability to project a force field or equal protective barrier ,as I've been caught between crossfire bullets inches from my head ,attempted smash n grabs and hit and run accidents and all en route to the Clinic. So ride your heart out cruizin' the town feeling like it's safe but don't try to tell me what's "nearby" or what's "safe" til you got the facts . Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland