Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 04:59 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,140,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
-Oh please, Pittsburgh is more Applachian than anything else. However you want to sugarcoat it to fit your agenda. Pittsburgh is very distinctively Appalachian.
No, it's not. It's Appalachian in that those the mountains (hills) that fill the landscape, but "Appalachian" is commonly used to describe rural mountain areas, not urban.

Quote:
Pittsburgh is still a very conservative area. I don't care if you're blue or red, Pittsburgh fits the bill as a conservative area in a very conservative part of the state.
That's not true either. it's not a liberal coastal city (neither is anywhere in Ohio, a more conservative state than PA). It's moderate, but liberal. The outer counties are more conservative yes. That's not unusual.

Regarding press and Cleveland - the city got a lot of good press in the 90s. The economic toll of the last decade has been hard in Ohio and I think negated some of the turnaround PR the city had going for it.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:10 PM

1,010 posts, read 1,394,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMahValley View Post
-Gnutella, you are right up there with the biggest Pittsburgh boosters always comparing yourself to Cleveland. You're obsessed with Cleveland, and it's weird. I promise you in the future you will find some way to belittle Cleveland to try and promote Pittsburgh.

-Pittsburgh in the title because that is EXACTLY what it is about, Pittsburgh on Cleveland all the time constantly. Now we have to hear it in here too. You do enough bashing of Cleveland there, don't come here and ruin threads.

-Mention Grove City and I can fire right back with the Eastwood Mall Complex. My point being is we hear a lot on this forum how you see sooo many Ohio cars in Pennsylvania. Guess what, we see a lot of Pennsylvania cars in Ohio, too. Funny how that works.

-99 miles to 122 isn't that much when you are going for a day of activities. Remember, you're always trying to claim Pittsburgh and its connectivity to the Northeast, that was you, right? Funny, distance doesn't seem to matter there.

-Oh please, Pittsburgh is more Applachian than anything else. However you want to sugarcoat it to fit your agenda. Pittsburgh is very distinctively Appalachian.

-Again, trying to cover anything up with how you sit fit. Pittsburgh is still a very conservative area. I don't care if you're blue or red, Pittsburgh fits the bill as a conservative area in a very conservative part of the state.

-As far as development goes, we always have to hear from Pittsburgh posters how great everything is without any issues. Lets face it, Pittsburgh has plenty of blight. Hell, you don't even have to travel too far from the East Liberty target to get a little Detroit-esque abandonment. If you want to argue that the hills don't hide the blight, I really wanna know what you're smoking cause it sounds crazy! The hills certainly hide a lot of the issues going on in Pittsburgh. How often do you see that picture of downtown from Mount Washington looking down onto the city. What you don't see are the neighborhoods behind the hills that suffer from poverty.
I find it funny that many of the cheerleaders on the pittsburgh board dont even live in the city or pa for that matter. My question to them is if it is so wonderful with so much opportunity why dont you live there. I was born and raised in pittsburgh, but for four years of my life lived in cleveland. I am definately qualified to comment on both.

I have said on the pittsburgh board that we are more connected to cle and northeast ohio than philly. The only thing phil and pitt have in common is the same state. When i stated the truth i became the antichrist. Being connected to cle is not a bad thing.

You are spot on with your assessment of the burgh. You know and understand it better than the people posting on the pgh board.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:29 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMahValley View Post

At least there was some civility:
Ahem! While I appreciate the compliment, I'm not a big fan of being edited. So allow me to share the sentence you cut out of my quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
I don't get the big interest in Cleveland bashing lately. Isn't it getting a bit old? I get it that there was an obnoxious guy from Cleveland who was saying a lot of trollish things on this forum, but enough already. And at least he's saying it to your face, not bashing behind your backs (which is what bashing a city in another city's forum is, let's face it). They don't indulge in Pittsburgh bashing on the Cleveland Forum. Don't you think the Cleveland bashing here is starting to make this forum look at bit, well, tacky?
Not sure why you felt a need to cut that sentence out--zman is indeed the poster who started all this by spending the past few months being trollish on the Pittsburgh forum. But why deny it? Looks like posters from both forums are in a mood to enjoy Bashfest 2013, so he should be lauded for working so hard to get this bashing war started. So I say congrats zman, looks like you finally got what you wanted.

As for me--I was stupid to say anything at all yesterday, and wish I hadn't posted at all. Now that I've been misquoted, there are people on both forums being tacky--at which point the only thing to do is withdraw and let you guys enjoy your battle. Hope everyone on both sides enjoys Bashfest 2013.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:53 AM

11,058 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Not sure why you felt a need to cut that sentence out--zman is indeed the poster who started all this by spending the past few months being trollish on the Pittsburgh forum. But why deny it? Looks like posters from both forums are in a mood to enjoy Bashfest 2013, so he should be lauded for working so hard to get this bashing war started. So I say congrats zman, looks like you finally got what you wanted.
Nope, this is the Pittsburgh forums work. On this forum, we NEVER EVER talk about Pittsburgh, until you guys felt the need to show up. I went over to the Pittsburgh forum to browse and was pretty surprised by the Cleveland bashing. You don't see that here. Any Pittsburgh bashing you might see is a direct result from one of your people.

You'd be shocked how little we think about Pittsburgh in our daily lives and in our forum conversations.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:15 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
Ok, I think this silly feud or whatever you want to call it, has gone on long enough. I'm closing the threads in both forums, if you want to continue this oh so constructive (yes, this is sarcasm) discussion, start a new thread in the city vs city forum and duke it out there.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland