Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,306 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Lorain County and I'm looking to move somewhere that's

1. safe

2. affordable

2. very close to an RTA stop(s) as the person I am moving with is disabled and can't walk long distances, and where the RTA runs frequently during the day.

We were looking to move to North Olmsted or Fairview Park, but most of those seem super pricey, so I'd like to see what other areas are comparably safe and recommended by you guys.

We'd need either a 1 bedroom place where it would be ok for me to stay (I am a caregiver of sorts -they don't need constant supervision but they do need someone to live with them- to the disabled roommate), or an cheapish 2 bedroom. I wouldn't be against renting a house either if it was a cheapish, honestly I'd prefer renting a house in some ways. I hate to put a price on cheapish or how much we can spend, it's hard to say exactly but it's on a disability budget... but until I got a job in the area I'd like it to be as cheap as possible... under $600.. or less is better. The only amenity that we'd like is a washer dryer hookup, but it's not an absolute.

If anyone can rec actual apartment complexes and places, I'd appreciate it. I can't get out that way this month but I wanted to start doing the leg work to see what's a possibility.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 12:04 PM

177 posts, read 431,199 times
How about Shaker Square, I know it's on the East Side and may be a bit out the way. But it does have some nice assortments (i.e. shopping, dining, nice looking apartments), near the RTA, and the Saturday farmers market. Either way, best of luck in your search...

Old 12-08-2013, 10:52 AM

51 posts, read 82,872 times
Hi!

I have a suggestion for you. I lived in Ohio my whole life. I grew up in Medina county and also lived in Lorain county. Have you considered Brunswick? It's a small town not as small as it used to be, but sounds perfect for you. Apts and condos are decent priced for a One bedroom. Some places even offer income subsidized. Brunswick is also easily accessible to everything & borders Strongsville & Medina so there is plenty of everything. There is also Brunswick hills.

Good Luck!

Old 12-08-2013, 01:22 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,285,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdublin21 View Post
How about Shaker Square, I know it's on the East Side and may be a bit out the way. But it does have some nice assortments (i.e. shopping, dining, nice looking apartments), near the RTA, and the Saturday farmers market. Either way, best of luck in your search...
I'd second Shaker Square.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:02 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,489,872 times
You ain't touching $h!t in Shaker Square or Brunswick for south of $600. Check out Lakewood, right by all the RTA stops, and plenty of places in your price range.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:05 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,449,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
You ain't touching $h!t in Shaker Square or Brunswick for south of $600. Check out Lakewood, right by all the RTA stops, and plenty of places in your price range.
I'm pretty sure you can.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:10 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,489,872 times
Brunswick near most RTA? Unlikely

Old 12-08-2013, 07:15 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,449,561 times
Quote:
Shaker square. I've seen some pretty good prices over there.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:23 PM

51 posts, read 82,872 times
Rent is not expensive in Brunswick at all I lived there I would know. I paid 600 a mnth for a 2 bdrm 1 1/2 bth apt. A friend of mine had a 3 bdrm 2 bath condo he paid 725 for. The only thing that may be a little harder to come by is houses for cheap.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:58 AM

1,522 posts, read 3,000,709 times
Quote:
The City of Brunswick | BTA

They do have a small transit system that apparently connects with RTA. Seems like it wouldn't be convenient but would probably do if they wanted to get to the grocery store and back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland