Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 05:51 PM

23 posts, read 69,062 times

Advertisements

does that include the east cleveland cleveland heights border on noble road
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 08:38 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,921,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.chicago View Post
does that include the east cleveland cleveland heights border on noble road
Yeah, pretty much any part inside the city. The thing is that East Cleveland is run by the city, which just happens to be broke. Their police force is bad, the fire department is bad and pretty much all the utilities in the city are horrible. You will notice a difference going from Cleveland to East Cleveland, East Cleveland even looks worse now. The thing is that they have no money to knock down abandoned houses like Cleveland does because of grants and things, and in East Cleveland there are more than a few blocks with pretty much nothing but abandoned houses or abandoned apartment buildings. There is a few nice little streets and definitely a lot of houses that have the potential to be nice and were really nice at one time, but for the most part East Cleveland is just a huge slum, just an extension to its neighboring areas in Cleveland.

There is a huge difference between East Cleveland and Cleveland Heights, the areas right next to the border of Cleveland Hts. might be a little better but its really no different than the rest of East Cleveland. It might be livable, but its probably going to be tough over there.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:53 PM

you guys are making me very nervous because i will be moving there from chicago next week

Old 06-05-2008, 09:54 PM

181 posts, read 838,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
You will notice a difference going from Cleveland to East Cleveland, East Cleveland even looks worse now. The thing is that they have no money to knock down abandoned houses like Cleveland does because of grants and things, and in East Cleveland there are more than a few blocks with pretty much nothing but abandoned houses or abandoned apartment buildings.
What will it take for the city of Cleveland to go ahead and annex East Cleveland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.chicago
you guys are making me very nervous because i will be moving there from chicago next week
Well... you asked what its like? Its probably in your best interest to be prepared for the reality of what it is, I guess.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:54 AM

I thought Cleveland was planning on at least attempting to annex East Cleveland , or at least take over the utilities and services because the city was in debt and has basically very little fire and police protection, not to mention the schools are really bad.

To Mr. Chicago, you shouldnt be worried that much. I mean, there is areas a lot better in the Cleveland area, but there is also worse areas. It is livable over there, just stay out of trouble and dont get into anything and you should be fine. It is pretty bad though, just be street smart and stay cautious.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:18 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,275,861 times
I don't think Cleveland, by law, can annex another incorporated municipality, like East Cleveland. Now they can probably work together to negotiate a merger, but I don't think Cleveland can take over by force. And I'm not even sure that they'd want to, either. East Cleveland is a mess.

Old 06-06-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
I don't think Cleveland, by law, can annex another incorporated municipality, like East Cleveland. Now they can probably work together to negotiate a merger, but I don't think Cleveland can take over by force. And I'm not even sure that they'd want to, either. East Cleveland is a mess.
I dont usually say this about places, but East Cleveland is in horrible condition. Just the way that the city looks and the services, schools are horrible. There was a few blocks just off of Euclid that were almost completely abandoned, and these were like 3-4 story old brick apartments. Specifically the area around Chapman and Euclid.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:37 PM

its hard to believe that there are areas worst than it the way you guys are talking about it

Old 06-07-2008, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.chicago View Post
its hard to believe that there are areas worst than it the way you guys are talking about it
Well, there are neighborhoods in the city of Cleveland that are the same or worse than the worst places in East Cleveland. The thing is that East Cleveland has really bad services and the city is completely broke, Cleveland is doing really bad too but its services are even better than EC. Like I said, it seems like you have no choice but to move there and Im sure its not as bad as it sounds, just be street smart and dont get into anything and for the most part you should be fine.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:00 PM

I just arrived hear in east cleveland and a woman was found stranggled to death in a garage on nelacrest road what a welcome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland