Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2014, 06:52 PM

3 posts, read 2,962 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
My son will be moving to Glenn Research Center, Cleveland for the summer (2014). He needs to find housing close to GRC as soon as possible. Either apartments or dorms etc. Currently he is a second year engineering student. He does not drive. He does not mind sharing housing with others who work/study at GRC. He is willing to car pool also. All leads appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 01:00 PM

98 posts, read 208,180 times
Has he found anything yet? GRC will normally proide students with a list of places they can find housing when an offer is made. He should check with the person who made him the offer.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:17 PM

246 posts, read 475,861 times
There are are apartments further west down Brookpark Rd in North Olmsted that would be an easy straight shot to NASA but RTA doesn't run that stretch, I think. RTA does run directly to NASA but it's the 78 route up Grayton Rd. There are some Apartments on Grayton and some on Puritas Parkridge Apartments Apartments For Rent in Cleveland, Ohio - Apartment Rental and Community Details - ForRent.com https://plus.google.com/113207333394...ut?gl=us&hl=en near Grayton.

Also, there are a lot of Apartments on Lorain in Fairview Park that are really close but it would be about a 45 min bus ride with a connection to the #78 bus. The same trip would be a 15 min bike ride up W. 220th to Brookpark then east a bit to NASA. In fact I believe it's faster to even walk than take the bus from Lorain to NASA.

Best of luck with finding someone to carpool with. I'm sure there are plenty.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:14 AM

Thanx ECBeastor for the info. I am going to start making calls to them today. Hopefully will find someone to car pool with. Taking the bus, as you said, may be a long commute. Plus would you know how safe it is to take the bus? What are the security issues faced in this part of town?

Regards,
Yamuna

Old 04-09-2014, 06:43 AM

Baritone108, he hasn't found anything yet. Thanx for the idea. will ask GRC and the people who made the offer for suggestions. Appreciate it.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:03 AM

246 posts, read 475,861 times
The bus on the far west side of the city is very safe. It gets dicier the further you get to the city center but even then it's pretty safe during "rush hour" traffic with all the commuters.

Like I said in the previous post, if he can find an apartment near the intersection of Puritas and Grayton, it's only about a 10 min bus ride to NASA. Parkridge (19640 Puritas Rd., Cleveland, OH) is the apartment complex right at the intersection and the bus stop is right across the street on Grayton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland