Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 07:00 PM

816 posts, read 1,395,826 times

Advertisements

hope this thread is in the right forum but long story short, I just moved to a lower income area of cleveland because I can't afford much else right now and it has been god awful so far. I want to take pride in where I live and make it a better place, but the class of people around here make it difficult.

not too sure if it is a dangerous area per se, but i've compiled a short list of all the things that have been angering me about this place.....

very loud people always cussing, yelling, and blasting music in their homes and also in their cars at all times of day and sometimes late in the night/early in the morning; not to mention the fireworks/firecrackers going off 24/7 as well.

trash all over the place including my yard, neighbors yard, alley along my house, everybody's yard for that matter, sidewalks, street, you get the point....

theft..... I had a bottle of prescription medication mailed to me and when I went out to get it, the package was torn open and the seal on the bottle was broken. Half the prescription was stolen.

vandalism.... somebody bent my license plate on my car all the way up. I'm assuming they tried stealing it for whatever reason.

downstairs neighbor is growing pot in OUR backyard and I also think there are drug dealers nearby too. cars always pull into the alley next to my house and honk their horn then leave short after.

the potholes are god awful

yards and houses are unkempt

so far I've talked to the local police about the drugs, theft, and vandalism but nothing has happened yet. I've also called my councilman about fixing these potholes. My landlord is aware of all these problems including the hellish neighbors below me. I am also getting cameras installed on my house soon.

I really have no choice but to stay here for a while until I can get my funds straightened out, so I may as well attempt to make this area livable and an overall better place, but I'm not sure how to go about this task. who should I talk to and what should I do to make this happen?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 07:07 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
East Cleveland?

I did a tour of duty in Cleveland. It was a middle class neighborhood. I suggest upping your street smarts, survive, and then get out.

Don't buy cameras. They'll just get stolen or vandalized.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
East Cleveland?

I did a tour of duty in Cleveland. It was a middle class neighborhood. I suggest upping your street smarts, survive, and then get out.

Don't buy cameras. They'll just get stolen or vandalized.
nooooo not EC kind of bad lol. brooklyn centre is the neighborhood.

I believe that I am pretty street smart, but I just am sick of putting up with this kind of foolish behavior and activity at the place I currently call home. I want to at least make an attempt to better this place.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:09 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,439 times
This place was like that when you moved in, right?

Old 07-08-2014, 07:10 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
You can improve your little spot.

Controlling other people's behavior... Not going to work.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:11 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Not to worry. The next Republican National Convention will be held in Cleveland, and all will be well.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
This place was like that when you moved in, right?
I actually wasn't sure. I honestly never heard of brooklyn centre before and I thought I knew the city of Cleveland pretty well.... I guess I didn't lol. I didn't have much longer to shop around for a rental and this area and house for the price blew all the others out of the water. not to mention the very close access to freeways too.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:14 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,439 times
I mean, you get what you pay for really unfortunately. You can't move next to an airport and then complain about the noise.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:15 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Who steals half a bottle? Why didn't they just take it all? Thats weird.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
I mean, you get what you pay for really unfortunately. You can't move next to an airport and then complain about the noise.
yes I absolutely do agree, but that doesn't mean I should just accept it and not even make an attempt. the area has some good potential because of a decent housing stock and proximity to downtown and major freeways. like i said before, i don't think it is TOO high of a crime area compared to the rest of cleveland, just a little rough around the edges I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland