Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2014, 04:24 AM
mxx mxx started this thread

2 posts, read 1,797 times

Advertisements

I've looked at condos on the North Side of Van Aken Boulevard in Shaker Heights. Their prices halved during the great recession and haven't recovered. Does anyone know why and have an opinion on whether or not the redevelopment going on in the area will hurt or help the future prices of the existing condos in the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2014, 12:59 PM

39 posts, read 66,923 times
I strongly encourage you to contact Joyce Braverman (Shaker Heights Planning Director) and Tania Menesse (Shaker Heights Economic Development Director) to learn the latest information about the Van Aken District project. I decided to purchase my single-family home in the Thornton Park neighborhood (east of Warrensville/north of Chagrin) this past January because of the Van Aken District project and other positive developments underway along the Blue Line corridor between Downtown Cleveland and Shaker Heights (e.g. brand-new rapid station in the municipal center at Van Aken/Lee). The Van Aken District project means a more walkable, accessible, transit-oriented, mixed-use town center that will better connect the Sussex, Van Aken/Winslow and Thornton Park neighborhoods. I love walking to stores, restaurants, the rapid, the park and my church. The proposed development for the Van Aken District will enhance existing retail options, the end-of-line rapid station, the pedestrian environment and community cohesiveness. While I am not an expert on the particular condominium buildings that interest you, I anticipate road reconfiguration and new development will make the area more desirable and, therefore, increase demand. I also think this location is well-positioned with respect to the three largest (and growing) employment nodes in the region: Downtown, University Circle and Chagrin Highlands.

Old 11-16-2014, 04:53 AM
mxx mxx started this thread

2 posts, read 1,797 times
Yes, but....it is taking a chance on a property that has halved in value...just a bit afraid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland