Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 05:16 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,136,595 times

Advertisements

You mentioned a few places that I did not see so I'll get them next time as well.

Regarding the qback deal, I watched the Bengals game on my trip. I saw on TV Shaw's performance. When Mack went out, the team was #3 in rushing. After that, they averaged about 1.5 yds. per carry for the next three games.

I think we need to get Mack healthy and build back that line to protect the qb. I still prefer Hoyer and then Shaw over Manziel. I played on teams with talent, but the talent was also the problem at times. Get back to surrounding Hoyer with guys who will build UP the team. If they keep Manziel, keep him watching and practicing for 1-2 more years. I am not a big MLB person, but when I see a pitcher (rookie) that is good, they mention how he came up in the organization and it's usually their 3rd to 5th year before playing at the top level.

My 2 cents which may be worth less than that!

Rob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 01:20 AM

5,005 posts, read 5,604,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Re: Ohio State.

If the Buckeye coaching staff recognizes that Cardale Jones is a pro style and not a spread QB, and if Jones is the next coming of Cam Newton/Ben Roethlisberger in his skills given his size, then Ohio State has a chance.

E.g., Jones should be able to stretch the Alabama defense and also hit receivers over the middle if the Crimson Tide tries to stack the line against the run and to pressure Jones.

However, watching Jones run the option against Wisconsin was painful. If Ohio State insists on sticking with all elements of the spread offense against Alabama, it could be a long day IMO. I have no memory of Ohio State using short passes over the middle with Barrett this season, but that staple of many pro offenses is needed against Alabama IMO.

Clevelander1991, glad you had a good time on your trip home! Try Mia Bella in Little Italy some time.
Not sure he is Cam Newton/Roethlisberger material just yet, but WOW! Unbelievable set of games that made me proud to be an Ohioan/Clevelander. What he did do was play VERY WELL, and showed enough heart to win, didn't do too many stupid things, and really I had no idea about his combo of size and speed. That was something to behold. Also, passing was much more impressive than I could've expected. Wouldn't be shocked to see a repeat next year.

Overall, a fantastic night for me, and just getting to sleep now. One perk about being in Florida is that I'm planning on potentially making the trip over to the Magic Kingdom tomorrow to see Zeke and Brutus in the parade.

Watched the feature on Cardale, and it was truly moving. Great to see that he was representing the city. I for one, know that I will be even more likely in the future to direct any visitors I take with me to the city past Glenville High School, or "Cardale's School". I know not everyone is this way, but to me I really think Ohio State represents the entire state, and so a victory like this makes me just as happy as would a major Cleveland Pro Sports Championship (if one ever does come).

Old 09-05-2017, 08:54 PM

7 posts, read 6,914 times
Lived in Cle 12 years. Did everything to find a job and get out of there. After 4 years in TX, I would die to move back.
Too bad, I did not appreciate most things Cle had to offer back then. Very much do now.
When I feel "homesick" I visit Cle pages on city-data.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:17 PM

Headed there this weekend. I might be the only "homesick" CLE person who lives in CA near the beach and never LIVED in CLE. Is that possible?

Wife says yes to the *** Shack so we'll head to RR Reserv.

Realtor and visiting family the 11th
Indians and Browns the 10th
Indians the 9th

Family around all of that!

Come home and back to work Tuesday and plan my next visit!

Old 09-06-2017, 11:46 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,420,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherdad View Post
Headed there this weekend. I might be the only "homesick" CLE person who lives in CA near the beach and never LIVED in CLE. Is that possible?

Wife says yes to the *** Shack so we'll head to RR Reserv.

Realtor and visiting family the 11th
Indians and Browns the 10th
Indians the 9th

Family around all of that!

Come home and back to work Tuesday and plan my next visit!
I bet your people in Cali think you're crazy for liking Cleveland or visiting here all the time. LOL!

Old 09-06-2017, 03:01 PM

174 posts, read 363,260 times
Default Where in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbetci7 View Post
Lived in Cle 12 years. Did everything to find a job and get out of there. After 4 years in TX, I would die to move back.
Too bad, I did not appreciate most things Cle had to offer back then. Very much do now.
When I feel "homesick" I visit Cle pages on city-data.
It may not be that Cleveland is such a great place! It may be that you just moved to the wrong place. Where are you in Texas?

Dave

Old 09-06-2017, 07:16 PM

Last year in my school photo, I had students hold my Browns blanket over the "flower" backdrop. I then put on all my CLE attire. When the yearbook came out... LOL

My students are used to it. My room has Christmas Story, Browns, Indians, and a lot more.

I'm meeting a realtor on Monday to cruise around downtown and see some condos.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:21 PM

7 posts, read 6,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDog2 View Post
It may not be that Cleveland is such a great place! It may be that you just moved to the wrong place. Where are you in Texas?

Dave
In DFW.
They say Texans are friendly. I say they need to see NE Ohioans.

Old 09-13-2017, 04:37 PM

1,098 posts, read 890,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Bring back several cases of Great Lakes Christmas Ale and some other GLBC favorites
I know this comment is 3 year old but YES YES YES..and I'm not even from Cleveland, I'm from Dayton.

Old 09-13-2017, 04:42 PM

1,098 posts, read 890,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbetci7 View Post
In DFW.
They say Texans are friendly. I say they need to see NE Ohioans.
Texans are for the most part a**holes.

I think it's more of a rural vs. city thing. It's true that SOME people out in the Texan countryside are very friendly, and course, you'll get a mix of people wherever you go but overall the whole friendliness thing is a myth or it no longer exists.

BTW, I worked out in the Texas hill country for a couple of years and some of the people are very nasty and rude. That's why I had to put 'some' in all caps haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland