Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 07:20 AM

5,024 posts, read 5,664,637 times

Advertisements

Well, and it hadn't been mentioned before in this thread, but Ohio City was mentioned among the top ten food neighborhoods in the country. Not trying to start too hot a debate, but I think it could be argued it's second to Tremont (and Little Italy, Coventry and Shaker Square all hang tough too)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 05:35 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,281,289 times
No link though?

Old 02-05-2015, 05:49 PM

18 best food neighborhoods in America - Flushing, West Loop, The Mission

Here's the link! Frankly I think it could be even higher than that, I'm not sure that there's a better single spot culinary destination in America than the West Side Market, sitting on the balcony perch with a Gyro/Pizza Roll/Bratwurst/Jerky/Mexican/Noodles/Falafel, that are ALL nationally acclaimed, that is something to be proud of.

In fact, for anyone interested, Pizza Masters is doing a broadcast live from Cleveland, tomorrow at 6 PM on the Cooking Channel. They will be stopping at Frickacio's at the Market, followed by Sokolowski's University Inn, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and the Velvet Tango Room.

I remember there was an entire episode of Man vs. Food filmed in Cleveland, but never got an opportunity to watch it.. Also I know Rachael Ray did one of her $40 a day shows in Cleveland, and said that Slyman's topped any NYC deli, that it was the best sandwich in America.

I'm not sure if those episodes (or any others, there have been several) reappear regularly, but if so, I would like to be aware so I could check my DVR/the internet.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:01 AM

Both Thrillist and The Food Network LOVE Cleveland. They have given me tons of places to try. Basically every national list Thrillist does, has somewhere from Cleveland on it. Unfortunately for me though, literally almost all of the I4 corridor is ignored, with a few exceptions. I don't think Tampa or Orlando quite have food, or really what could be called ambience of the restaurants, to the degree and scale Cleveland does, still though, there are probably some places worth mentioning.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:59 AM

207 posts, read 338,796 times
A good summary of media recognition Cleveland is getting, and Cleveland made the "7 of the Most Underrated Food Cities in America" list.

Cleveland: Food Capital, USA | City Guide | Cleveland Scene

Old 02-20-2015, 01:20 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,184,408 times
I had no idea Cleveland was such a sl_t! (I didn't realize that was a curse word on this site......no harm meant, mods!)

Old 02-25-2015, 05:36 PM

207 posts, read 338,796 times
A good summary of the media attention Cleveland's food scene has received.

http://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/...nt?oid=4491124

Old 02-27-2015, 01:48 PM

Ohio City, Cleveland, Ohio | Best Old House Neighborhoods 2013: Editors' Picks | This Old House
In case no one saw this one yet. A bit dated (2013), but lists Ohio City as one of the 10 best neighborhoods for old houses in the nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjrl7orCBkY
Also, this may have been posted and has been going around, but this is one of our proud native sons describing all the world class offerings Cleveland has.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:37 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,184,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelander1991 View Post
Well, and it hadn't been mentioned before in this thread, but Ohio City was mentioned among the top ten food neighborhoods in the country. Not trying to start too hot a debate, but I think it could be argued it's second to Tremont (and Little Italy, Coventry and Shaker Square all hang tough too)
Shaker Square?! What am I supposedly missing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland