Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2017, 05:27 AM

840 posts, read 759,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
I'm quite introverted myself, and when strangers speak to me on the street here I'm the startled one. Don't get me wrong, I like that it's friendly here and all, but sometimes I'm in a mood where I'd rather not be bothered. And sometimes -- in Lakewood, in particular -- I feel like people are staring at me.
Well, I'm wondering what that means....people in Lakewood staring! Kind of funny and I don't know people and places well enough yet to know why people there might do that. I'm pretty introverted too but have appreciated the way people might just say hi in passing or make a small remark to me in public. I associate that kind of behavior with the east coast - the "we're all in this together mentality" that seems absent in the PNW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Check out Presti's, Rising Star Coffee Roasters, and Algebra Tea House (not coffee) in Little Italy, Erie Island Coffee Co. on East 4th St., Phoenix Cafe locations, etc.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...land_Ohio.html

https://www.zomato.com/cleveland/uni...nts/coffee-tea

12 best coffeehouses in Cleveland: 2015 A-List Dining Guide | cleveland.com

Phoenix Coffee

Search here for "coffee and tea." Perhaps also search Cleveland Heights in addition to Cleveland.

Here are a couple other Cleveland ethnic legacies to explore:

Daily Lunch Specials |

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...o.html#REVIEWS

Mitchell's:

https://www.mitchellschocolates.com/

Check out both the Cleveland Museum of Art film series, one of the best art museum film series in the world, and the Cleveland Cinematheque.

Films | Cleveland Museum of Art

Cinematheque - Film Schedule | Cleveland Institute of Art College of Art | 800.223.4700

Cinematheque | Cleveland Institute of Art College of Art | 800.223.4700
Thanks...been to Presti's and Phoenix (good tea) and have wanted to go to Algebra but it seems a little out of the way but will get to it. I saw an appealing french cafe - Coquette Patisserie in UCircle that was nice but a little expensive, L'Albatros also looks good for french food. I have bookmarked the movie venues and look forward to going. I see an international film festival is coming up later this month too.

Old 03-14-2017, 05:56 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,423,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by october2007 View Post
Coquette Patisserie in UCircle that was nice but a little expensive, L'Albatros also looks good for french food.
Coquette is very good, but definitely on the expensive side.

L'Albatros is top-rated Cleveland restaurant, but isn't exorbitant in its pricing. Ditto, Mia Bella in Little Italy. Reservations are not a bad idea at both, unless you don't mind eating at the bar. Trattoria Roman Gardens in Little Italy (near Presti's) is less expensive, but more impersonal (large tables), and is well known for its eggplant parmigiana. Trattoria likely is a good choice for lunch. I always go to Presti's for dessert when dining at Mia Bella or Trattoria.

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_des...leveland%2C+OH

Old 03-14-2017, 08:22 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,437,452 times
Quote:
I saw The Root Cafe so will have to actually go there soon, after Gypsy Bean. I like going over to Savers Thrift Shop at Westgate so I make the journey over there from my area (Cedar Fairmount) and it's quite a schlep so I can see why you don't bother. It's 3 buses. I know what you mean about the stop announcements...that's happened to me. So overall are you glad to be back to CLE?
If you are on either the #7 or #32 line you can take them to the train and then transfer to the #26. It's still a long ride but the train makes it faster. I did that when I was living in the Cedar Fairmount neighborhood looking at Lakewood to live.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
If you are on either the #7 or #32 line you can take them to the train and then transfer to the #26. It's still a long ride but the train makes it faster. I did that when I was living in the Cedar Fairmount neighborhood looking at Lakewood to live.
Well, that's what I do but it's still 3 buses (or more accurately 2 buses and 1 train). But it's not that bad...I take Rapid to Cudell and get the 26 there. Or sometimes take the 32 to Healthline to the 26 downtown. Not today though..

Old 03-14-2017, 08:45 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,423,272 times
Quote:
I see an international film festival is coming up later this month too.
I believe the Cinematheque offers discounted senior memberships for $20, which would pay for itself rapidly in cheaper tickets if you actually enjoy it.

The Cleveland Museum of Art memberships also pay for themselves if you enjoy films and the special exhibits. I believe you get a discount in the museum's restaurants and gift shops as well.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:05 AM

378 posts, read 341,454 times
Quote:
Well, that's what I do but it's still 3 buses (or more accurately 2 buses and 1 train). But it's not that bad...I take Rapid to Cudell and get the 26 there. Or sometimes take the 32 to Healthline to the 26 downtown. Not today though..
I live near this station so if I'm on a bus it's usually the #26. I've found it to be a pretty nice line. I rode the D Line when I lived in Seattle and I've had comparable experiences on them in terms of quality.

Back to the topic of media stories, D-S development has really been in the news lately: High-end townhomes and detached houses coming to Detroit Shoreway

Old 03-14-2017, 10:22 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,437,452 times
Quote:
Oh, okay, I thought you actually meant three buses. I agree, not today! I had an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic last week. That meant the #26 to the Healthline. It was a bit snowy and very blustery but nothing like it is now. Glad it was last week instead of this. I have to find new doctors on my side of town.

I don't mind being confined to home though. There is so much going on in my senior complex I have lots to keep me busy all month without putting a foot outside.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Oh, okay, I thought you actually meant three buses. I agree, not today! I had an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic last week. That meant the #26 to the Healthline. It was a bit snowy and very blustery but nothing like it is now. Glad it was last week instead of this. I have to find new doctors on my side of town.

I don't mind being confined to home though. There is so much going on in my senior complex I have lots to keep me busy all month without putting a foot outside.
Well, enjoy your day inside...I went out this morning but too cold! I live at the Alcazar which I love and on Tuesdays (tonite) we have a happy hour in the lobby and they light the fire. I think your apt. building sounds great too but I'm not old enough yet for that. This place is a mix of ages with some social activities and nice people. Glad to be in now for rest of day!

Old 03-14-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_ws View Post
I live near this station so if I'm on a bus it's usually the #26. I've found it to be a pretty nice line. I rode the D Line when I lived in Seattle and I've had comparable experiences on them in terms of quality.

Back to the topic of media stories, D-S development has really been in the news lately: High-end townhomes and detached houses coming to Detroit Shoreway
Yes, the 26 is a good line.

I think I saw something similar on Detroit Rd somewhere along the way to Lakewood. Guess gentrification may be starting...good and bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland