Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 06:45 AM

5,025 posts, read 5,669,482 times

Advertisements

Also, I'm not an expert by any means, but we haven't reached an over saturation of restaurants yet have we? I'd imagine not, but just wanted to make sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 08:42 AM

133 posts, read 192,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelander1991 View Post
All these are interesting. One thing I had to ask. Is the Flats East Bank thing with the boardwalk/Toby Keith bar/apartments/other restaurants and venues going to be ready for this summer? I remember reading/hearing that this summer but honestly I just can't even imagine that moving so fast. Man, talk about a game changer?! Also, it seems like with lighting around town and The 9, downtown and playhouse square have been connected quite well. I would like to see something that would connect from tower city to the warehouse district so it'd be more comfortable/pleasant walking that way past non surface lots. Has the small box area helped with that at all?
No, the Small Box project is very small in scale and helps only for about 100 feet. DCA is definitely aware of the need for better connection from the WHD to the Flats. Late last year, the Kent State Urban Design Collaborative helped to compile "Step Up Downtown" which you can find here. There's whole section about better connectivity, including the walk to the Flats.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:44 AM

4,527 posts, read 5,098,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
It takes like 15 minutes from shaker sq to tower city. Very fast and pleasant in my opinion.
Most times, my trains travel this distance in 13 minutes or less if there's no slow train in front of us, driver change (at E. 55) or some kind of fare dispute.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:56 AM

4,527 posts, read 5,098,565 times
btw, my wish list?

- that nuCLEus get's done. As folks have mentioned, Cleveland, esp downtown, is on a roll. But nuCLEus, would take downtown to a totally different level. Despite the huge amount of parking planned for the building (1,600 parking spaces on 2nd & 3rd level ramps IIRC), the size, density, diversity (as in major retail) and closeness to the city's transit hub will encourage walking like no other project in my lifetime. And I hope the current proposed design -- with the hotel "bridge" -- gets built... very sexy imho.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:29 PM

5,025 posts, read 5,669,482 times
So I think I asked this earlier but did not want to start an entirely separate thread for it. Is the Flats East Bank second portion going to be opening this summer? Want to be aware so I can go explore it when I am up if so!

Old 01-27-2015, 09:30 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,941,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Since #2 and #3 on my list are happening, both projects estimated to start the 1st week of February, I would amend as follows:

1) nuCLEus;
2) RTA Red Line Greenway/Greenbelt;
3) Bus Rapid Transit line converted to Light-Rail separately or as an extension of the Green & Blue Lines;
4) High density housing on the Warehouse District surface lots and area north of Playhouse Square;and,
5) West side streetcar using the Detroit-Superior Viaduct Subway.
Looks like I may need to make a 2nd edit as my list is changing nicely; I originally had Public Square redo and lakefront ped-bridge, those are both a go, so I removed them.

Now the RTA Red Line-Greenway may be moving forward sooner than I thought (can't wait for this one!).

I'm very optimistic about nuCLEus as well; should be off my list by summer, hopefully. Need to start thinking of even more projects to get going, thinking Hippodrome Lot on Euclid (and Prospect), again though, I wouldn't be surprised if this space and the NW Public Square quadrant don't see something in the near future as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland