Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 03:03 AM

60 posts, read 101,301 times

Advertisements

I been posting on here for a while 4-5 months I'm a 22 year old moving from phoenix to cleveland for a internship and I finally made it out here saturday and its only been two days but I absolutely love. It its so underrated I have a apartment downtown and the downtown area is amazing haven't really explored that much since its only been 2 days and I I'm waiting for my car to be shipped but I love the diversity the gritty areas mixed with the new. I love the regentrification going on around lots of the city and I loved ohio city the westside market is so cool Cleveland ohio is a great city where I want to lay my roots here start a family here live the rest of my life. I love the hometown pride this town has Its most definitely a sports town where most people root for the home team team I think people look down on the great city of cleveland because once you get a bad rap its hard to get that brand of of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 06:42 AM

372 posts, read 589,093 times
Welcome!! Glad you made it out!
West Side Market really is the coolest. I haven't been really to an indoor market that compares. I remember when we moved away, a friend posted a video of a flash on at the market of the a
Choir singing Hallelujah and it had me in tears with goosebumps.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2IGILBxJBJI

That whole area is really worth exploring. The ice cream shop Mitchell's is right there and DELICIOUS!

Keep the updates coming and good luck!

Old 01-13-2015, 08:10 AM

5,257 posts, read 5,178,399 times
Glad you made it safely here...sounds like we've gained a valuable resident...hopefully more like you follow.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:54 AM

2,132 posts, read 2,270,859 times
Yes it is a great city. Very comfortable living, lots to do, great residents.
Enjoy your stay.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:37 AM

63 posts, read 82,718 times
Welcome to Cleveland;Cleveland!! What a fitting name for a Clevelander!! Welcome Mr.Mitchell!

Old 01-13-2015, 12:22 PM

even though you can fit five clevelands into phoenix it doesn't seem small with the surrounding areas I love it here are they any areas worth exploring any local tips because I love to go to bars hole in the wall ones to be exact any good bars or locations you can suggest would be great

Old 01-13-2015, 12:34 PM

638 posts, read 971,686 times
I actually want to move to Cleveland really bad but ended up in Columbus (not mad at all I like it here). Cleveland seems to get a bad rep but I would have to disagree and I speak highly of it anytime I get a chance.

Old 01-13-2015, 04:25 PM

207 posts, read 336,510 times
Welcome to Cleveland. Glad you're enjoying yourself and glad to see that CLE pride already. Make sure you venture to University Circle (especially during the summer -wade oval Wednesday's or other events).

Old 01-14-2015, 11:28 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,285,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleveland mitchell View Post
I been posting on here for a while 4-5 months I'm a 22 year old moving from phoenix to cleveland for a internship and I finally made it out here saturday and its only been two days but I absolutely love. It its so underrated I have a apartment downtown and the downtown area is amazing haven't really explored that much since its only been 2 days and I I'm waiting for my car to be shipped but I love the diversity the gritty areas mixed with the new. I love the regentrification going on around lots of the city and I loved ohio city the westside market is so cool Cleveland ohio is a great city where I want to lay my roots here start a family here live the rest of my life. I love the hometown pride this town has Its most definitely a sports town where most people root for the home team team I think people look down on the great city of cleveland because once you get a bad rap its hard to get that brand of of you.
Glad you've settled into your life here.

No mention of the weather? You must have been born a Clevelander!

Have you been to Wilbert's yet? It's probably the top dive bar downtown. Check out its website before visiting to see what entertainment is on the schedule.

THE GREATEST LIVE MUSIC VENUE IN CLEVELAND

I hear good things about Becky's, but I've never been there.

About Us | Becky's Bar & Grill - Downtown's Neighborhood Bar

Let us know your opinion.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:30 AM

the weather isn't that bad if your prepared but really Ive always wanted to live in the snow my whole its pretty cool and Ill check out those bars thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland