Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 06:01 AM

50 posts, read 63,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I'm visiting in a few weeks, then I will decide if I want to move there or not. Did you even read the thread?
Of course I did. I've read your other threads as well. Cleveland is pretty much your flavor of the week on this forum, like many other cities have been for you before. I don't think you have any intention of actually moving there.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:42 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,374,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
Cincinnati is more of a winner than Cleveland is. They have more championships in baseball than Cleveland has across all 3 sports lol!

I was there watching when:

MJ hit the shot
Elway made the drive
Indians lost the World Series
the Browns were taken away
Cavs lost to the spurs (team was even more exciting then because it was pre-lebron decision)
Lebron announced his decision

After witnessing all this, Cleveland failure is something that is expected. It's no longer a shock. Every Cleveland sports fan I know shares this opinion.

And no, fans welcoming Lebron back as a cav when they burned his jersey is not something that is admirable.

Lebron is 2/5 in finals appearances and will only contine to decline, and James Harden will win the MVP this year. The Cleveland sports fans that I associate with all believe that Lebron needs to bring cleveland a ring before he is forgiven.
How is Cincinnati's NBA basketball team doing this year?

Old 03-10-2015, 07:15 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,944,080 times
How much % blue collar vs. % white collar would you say the entire metro is? Another forum member viciously PM'd me saying that I would hate CLE because I'm a white collar person. What the hell?

Old 03-10-2015, 07:18 AM

1,046 posts, read 1,535,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
How is Cincinnati's NBA basketball team doing this year?
If Cincinnati did have a basketball team it would just be one more sports team that provides the city with more championships to the state of Ohio.

Not sure why everyone is so interested in Cincinnati sports anyways when the TC isn't asking about Cincy. Could it be an attempt to try and deflect from Cleveland only to result in backfire based on the # of championships in Cincy being more than Cleveland? If anything, Clevelanders should be thankful that the Reds have brought 5 championships to the state of Ohio.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:21 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,944,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burritoKURUMA View Post
Of course I did. I've read your other threads as well. Cleveland is pretty much your flavor of the week on this forum, like many other cities have been for you before. I don't think you have any intention of actually moving there.
That's irrelevant. The purpose of these threads is for learning and information gathering. It's not a commitment to moving there, but it could evolve into that. That's what City-Data forums are all about. No one has to move anywhere.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:25 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,431,928 times
Quote:
Cincinnati is more of a winner than Cleveland is. They have more championships in baseball than Cleveland has across all 3 sports lol!

I was there watching when:

MJ hit the shot
Elway made the drive
Indians lost the World Series
the Browns were taken away
Cavs lost to the spurs (team was even more exciting then because it was pre-lebron decision)
Lebron announced his decision

After witnessing all this, Cleveland failure is something that is expected. It's no longer a shock. Every Cleveland sports fan I know shares this opinion.

And no, fans welcoming Lebron back as a cav when they burned his jersey is not something that is admirable.

Lebron is 2/5 in finals appearances and will only contine to decline, and James Harden will win the MVP this year. The Cleveland sports fans that I associate with all believe that Lebron needs to bring cleveland a ring before he is forgiven.
And despite all of that frustration, true Cleveland fans still love their teams. What they remember is a tremendous Cavs team in 1989 cheated out of a championship by a then especially corrupt NBA refereeing system, almost akin to pro wrestling. It was a joke how Jordan constantly traveled but was never called for it in addition to his holding on defense and pushes on offense. Every long-time NBA fan knows what a joke the NBA was in those days.

<<If the Cavs-Bulls series was notable for anything, it was for Jordan's comment that at that stage of his career, he got "the benefit of the doubt from the referees."

Ya think? The shove of Nance would be reprised with a subtle forearm push that sent Utah's Bryon Russell tumbling and gave Jordan his hold-that-follow-through jump shot in his second threepeat. The NBA is a caste system. Jordan was a Brahmin.>>

Michael Jordan turns 50, but the memories (nightmares) never really age: Bill Livingston | cleveland.com

When the Tribe lost to Atlanta, the National League umpiring was so poor, that strikes were being called on pitches a foot off the plate. It was so blatantly bad, that the broadcast stopped showing replays of strikes and the broadcasting booth was muzzled. The outcry eventually resulted in MLB consolidating the umpires, eliminating separate AL and NL umpiring crews, and instituting a program to aggressively evaluate the quality of the umpiring.

Did you miss all of this?????

Those are among the things that real Cleveland fans remember.

Whatever perverted version of a hometown sports fan you AREN'T, the fact is that this year's Cavs team is the best basketball team ever fielded in Cleveland's history, heads above the prior LeBron teams in Cleveland. If they stay healthy and compete for a championship this year, it will be exciting and a great moment in Cleveland's sports history.

There likely will be nothing comparable in Cincinnati this year, or for years into the future.

So what you meant to stay is, "In the most recent past, the Reds have won more championships than Cleveland." The Reds won World Series championships in 1919, 1940, 1975, 1976, and 1990. The Cincinnati Royals never won a championship, despite having arguably the best basketball player in the history of the game (do you even know who that was?). The Bengals have never won a championship.

The Indians won World Series championships in 1920 and 1948. The Browns won NFL championships in 1950, 1954, 1955 and 1964. So Cleveland actually has at least one more pro championship trophy than Cincinnati. However, the Browns won the NFL championship in their first year in the NFL, suggesting that their four immediately prior AAFC titles mean that they were actually the best football team in the world in those years as well.

So, in the past, Cincinnati pro sports were second to Cleveland, but most importantly today, the Cincinnati pro sports scene exists only in the large shadow cast by Cleveland.

Deal with it, as you try to justify the superiority of your existence by unfairly belittling your alleged hometown.

How very pathetic. Enjoy your second-rate existence in Cincinnati.

Last edited by WRnative; 03-10-2015 at 07:36 AM..

Old 03-10-2015, 07:34 AM

3,413 posts, read 5,124,973 times
I see, once again, maxmodder has hijacked a thread on his "mission" to bring "objectivity" (really negativity) to the "Cleveland boosters". Mods, can we do something about this?

Old 03-10-2015, 07:36 AM

1,046 posts, read 1,535,780 times
No, the most important fact is that of recent championships, Cincinnati has the Reds in 1990 and Cleveland has done nothing since 1964. It is you that needs to deal with it while you continue in your solo pathetic quest to turn this thread into a cincy vs cleveland pissing contest.

Mods, please take care of these personal attacks being directed at objective posters like myself. A shame that the TC can't be given solid info both good and bad about the area without the cleveland all-pro boosters trying to derail the thread and turn it into a Cincy vs CLE contest even going so far as to accuse the TC of not really being interested in Cleveland.

Last edited by maxmodder; 03-10-2015 at 07:47 AM..

Old 03-10-2015, 07:51 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,431,928 times
Quote:
If Cincinnati did have a basketball team it would just be one more sports team that provides the city with more championships to the state of Ohio.

Not sure why everyone is so interested in Cincinnati sports anyways when the TC isn't asking about Cincy. Could it be an attempt to try and deflect from Cleveland only to result in backfire based on the # of championships in Cincy being more than Cleveland? If anything, Clevelanders should be thankful that the Reds have brought 5 championships to the state of Ohio.
We're interested in Cincinnati because you've mentioned in prior posts how happy you were to move to Cincinnati and out of Cleveland.

We can't figure out how somebody who finds the Cleveland pro sports scene so deficient can stomach living in Cincinnati, when, anyway you slice it, it's decidedly second rate to Cleveland.

This statement of yours is the ultimate prove of the fantasy world in which you exist:

<<If Cincinnati did have a basketball team it would just be one more sports team that provides the city with more championships to the state of Ohio.>>

Cincinnati doesn't have an NBA basketball team, and likely won't ever have one again, as it didn't support the NBA team that it did have, even though it featured a player comparable to LeBron in many respects and, in addition, the greatest ever Cincinnati college sports star as well. That sorry fact about Cincinnati must be unknown to you, or your anti-Cleveland bias is overwhelming in order for you to make the above statement. Which is it?

Your posts about Cleveland are nothing more than ridiculous bashing.

Why don't you go to some sports forum and post your ridiculous theories, as you obviously like exposing yourself to abuse.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:24 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,132 times
I should have closed this thread long ago.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland